Not your average 1/72 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon build

Are you going to be selling the clear engine nozzels? I've been looking for someone who sells these, but you're the only one I've seen that even has them.

I can make you a set. PM me. I can make clear, transparent white, transparent brown. They are very clean and even have the slight radius on the back like the originals. :)

Smitty

Have had a few requests for engine nozzles so made some up. Clear, Trans white, and trans brown. In my opinion, the trans white diffuse the light the best. Then I just spray with a bit of Tamiya smoke to give them a nice appearance when the lights are off even though they are difficult to see through the grill. Here are some photos.

IMG_0212.JPG
Clear, trans white, trans brown.
IMG_0225.JPG
Closer view
IMG_0227.JPG
Clear with 5mm clear blue led 1" away.
IMG_0226.JPG
Trans white with 5mm clear blue led 1" away.
IMG_0228.JPG
Trans brown with 5mm clear blue led 1" away.
IMG_0229.JPG
The clear and trans brown should have some diffuser material between the led and nozzle for best effect. Maybe some cotton or scuffed up clear plastic. For best effect I use 1 led per nozzle centered about 1" away so the light spreads out to fill the whole nozzle. 13 nozzles and 13 led's. I will be doing another Falcon here shortly and will post pics of the light box as I build it.

Smitty

Last edited:
Still debating which "color" to go with on the engine nozzles... Leaning towards the Translucent White, but tomorrow I'll change my mind again. ;P

Luckily, as far as "problems" go, this is a good one to have.

Chris

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back