No way to make it perfect, but I'll do the best I can on this Falcon...

I ordered the 2-foot “toy” which has a lot of aftermarket support. Since I won’t be thrashing it out in the yard reenacting missions to far off galaxies (much), I think it’ll hold up. Plus getting working lights would be super-cool.

Unless I just leave it in the box. It’s new. God only knows when I’d have time for it.

Did you get a good price?
I ordered the 2-foot “toy” which has a lot of aftermarket support. Since I won’t be thrashing it out in the yard reenacting missions to far off galaxies (much), I think it’ll hold up. Plus getting working lights would be super-cool.

Unless I just leave it in the box. It’s new. God only knows when I’d have time for it.

Based on my life in general, as soon as I receive the toy, I will trip over my old model...

But I still have a big tackle box I set up as my model kit, so I have all sorts of stuff. I’ll need, but I’ll certainly need more paint!

LOL, now it's up to $30 (+ gas). I discovered a slew of piping that was missing from this kit....
IMG_20210306_181750.jpg

I was trying to figure out where those viper guns and pilot helmet were going to be placed when I realized you had actually added the damage to the hull :lol:

Looks great and adds a lot!

I was trying to figure out where those viper guns and pilot helmet were going to be placed when I realized you had actually added the damage to the hull :lol:

Looks great and adds a lot!
LOL, it's the little things...
Tomorrow off, I hope to get a LOT more done.

After 4 1/2 hours at it today I'm almost done. Just gotta attach the dish after the assembly is dry. All the tubes & greebles are on. Then a quick paint, streak & detail job- that won't be today though. My next post will be when she's finished.
IMG_20210309_142623.jpg

Last edited:
Following this! Amazing work, it’s looking great!
I know I said my next post would be it finished, but as you're following this, I thought you might like to see this step. I made final checks & I had to add a few new bits to this side today. It's all painted, and absolutely done except for the weathering & rusty touches.
My NEXT post will be totally done.
IMG_20210310_210834.jpg

Last edited:
The engine deck is a nightmare by default. What are you going to do about that?
Not much. This kit can't be made perfect without spending a stupid amount of time tearing it apart & rebuilding it almost from scratch. I'm just giving a face lift to an old kit I made in the 70's here. If I was really devoted, I'd pony up the hundreds to get the Bandai Perfect Grade kit.

Not much. This kit can't be made perfect without spending a stupid amount of time tearing it apart & rebuilding it almost from scratch. I'm just giving a face lift to an old kit I made in the 70's here. If I was really devoted, I'd pony up the hundreds to get the Bandai Perfect Grade kit.
I wouldn't worry, most people who don't obsess over the accuracy of kits would never notice or care. Obviously if they saw them side by side it would be noticeable but short of that, having a good paint job is the key to making it look impressive and eye catching from across the room.

I'd say you seem to have that part covered

having a good paint job is the key to making it look impressive and eye catching from across the room.

I'd say you seem to have that part covered
Thanks! You are too kind.
Now I'm painting bits here & there... I have a plan, and it seems to be working... I'm trying to slim down the appearance of the mandibles with some subtle shadowing... I feel more like Degas then a technical painter... ;)
Edit: not that I put myself at his level- it's just a loose comparison of styles...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back