No way to make it perfect, but I'll do the best I can on this Falcon...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ID10T

I ordered the 2-foot “toy” which has a lot of aftermarket support. Since I won’t be thrashing it out in the yard reenacting missions to far off galaxies (much), I think it’ll hold up. Plus getting working lights would be super-cool.

Unless I just leave it in the box. It’s new. God only knows when I’d have time for it.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Chrisisall

Sr Member
Did you get a good price?
I ordered the 2-foot “toy” which has a lot of aftermarket support. Since I won’t be thrashing it out in the yard reenacting missions to far off galaxies (much), I think it’ll hold up. Plus getting working lights would be super-cool.

Unless I just leave it in the box. It’s new. God only knows when I’d have time for it.

ID10T

Based on my life in general, as soon as I receive the toy, I will trip over my old model...

But I still have a big tackle box I set up as my model kit, so I have all sorts of stuff. I’ll need, but I’ll certainly need more paint!

Chrisisall

Sr Member
LOL, now it's up to $30 (+ gas). I discovered a slew of piping that was missing from this kit....
IMG_20210306_181750.jpg

Analyzer

Sr Member
I was trying to figure out where those viper guns and pilot helmet were going to be placed when I realized you had actually added the damage to the hull :lol:

Looks great and adds a lot!

Chrisisall

Sr Member
I was trying to figure out where those viper guns and pilot helmet were going to be placed when I realized you had actually added the damage to the hull :lol:

Looks great and adds a lot!
LOL, it's the little things...
Tomorrow off, I hope to get a LOT more done.

Chrisisall

Sr Member
After 4 1/2 hours at it today I'm almost done. Just gotta attach the dish after the assembly is dry. All the tubes & greebles are on. Then a quick paint, streak & detail job- that won't be today though. My next post will be when she's finished.
IMG_20210309_142623.jpg

Last edited:

Chrisisall

Sr Member
Following this! Amazing work, it’s looking great!
I know I said my next post would be it finished, but as you're following this, I thought you might like to see this step. I made final checks & I had to add a few new bits to this side today. It's all painted, and absolutely done except for the weathering & rusty touches.
My NEXT post will be totally done.
IMG_20210310_210834.jpg

Last edited:

Chrisisall

Sr Member
The engine deck is a nightmare by default. What are you going to do about that?
Not much. This kit can't be made perfect without spending a stupid amount of time tearing it apart & rebuilding it almost from scratch. I'm just giving a face lift to an old kit I made in the 70's here. If I was really devoted, I'd pony up the hundreds to get the Bandai Perfect Grade kit.

Analyzer

Sr Member
Not much. This kit can't be made perfect without spending a stupid amount of time tearing it apart & rebuilding it almost from scratch. I'm just giving a face lift to an old kit I made in the 70's here. If I was really devoted, I'd pony up the hundreds to get the Bandai Perfect Grade kit.
I wouldn't worry, most people who don't obsess over the accuracy of kits would never notice or care. Obviously if they saw them side by side it would be noticeable but short of that, having a good paint job is the key to making it look impressive and eye catching from across the room.

I'd say you seem to have that part covered

Chrisisall

Sr Member
having a good paint job is the key to making it look impressive and eye catching from across the room.

I'd say you seem to have that part covered
Thanks! You are too kind.
Now I'm painting bits here & there... I have a plan, and it seems to be working... I'm trying to slim down the appearance of the mandibles with some subtle shadowing... I feel more like Degas then a technical painter... ;)
Edit: not that I put myself at his level- it's just a loose comparison of styles...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.