Nite Owl Trophy Replica

Bairnt

Watchmen_8.jpg

Ever since I read the original comic book I wanted to make a replica of the Nite Owl trophy used to attack Hollis Mason. I was originally going to use a Nite Owl action figure but ultimately found a great 3D model that worked much better for the build.

My nephew and I modeled the base in Autodesk Inventor. I also cut up the Nite Owl model in MeshMixer so I could print it on my Elegoo Mars. Great printer for the price but a small build platform.

Attachments

• pieces.jpg
    pieces.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 56
  • printer.jpg
    printer.jpg
    1,014.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Base.jpg
    Base.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 92
  • UV.jpg
    UV.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 89
theyre selling the original here!

That turned out great..

good job!

How tall is the figure itself? (would fit in to the MARS build envelope?) (bummer)

Nite Owl is about 7" tall. I scaled the figure to the max width of the arms that I could print (just under 4"). I could cut it up more and print it bigger but I keep telling myself "Perfect is the enemy of done" Some day I may invest in a Form 3 printer...

I am happy to send a link to the base or put it on Thingiverse if any of you would like it.

theyre selling the original here!

Doh! That is the best reference photo I have seen.. Thank you. Dimensions too! Now I want to redo mine.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back