Ninth Gate Balkan Lecture Lobby Card

Also, searching for art is always a good excuse.
I've folders and folders of great art saved, that I've stumbled across while searching for others. The hunt is the best part. Find lots of other treasures.

A bunch of years ago, I tried to track down the map used in the first Evil Dead film. When I eventually found it, the artist, Bill C. Brown, had some great collection of hand drawn maps, and was really only like a hobby for him. Did a lot of ski slope map drawings that were great. The guy was truly a great artist for the niche he liked.

Edit: Oh damn, just googled him and seems he passed away in 2018. RIP. His trail maps were seriously great.

Briefly seen painting at the Kessler Foundation

Roman general Belisarius begging on the streets of Byzantium, by David, circa 550 AD

Attachments

• gettyimages-917918680-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-917918680-612x612.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230123_203252.jpg
    IMG_20230123_203252.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 15
  • belisarius-general-of-the-roman-emperor-justinian-reduced-to-begging-jacques-louis-david.jpg
    belisarius-general-of-the-roman-emperor-justinian-reduced-to-begging-jacques-louis-david.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230123_203533.jpg
    IMG_20230123_203533.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 17
Briefly seen painting at the Kessler Foundation

Roman general Belisarius begging on the streets of Byzantium, by David, circa 550 AD

Those paintings were rented from Rent Furniture Soubrier Decoration - Hire antique and modern furniture for the production. I'm sure there are other items in their catalogue that was used too. I've spotted some photo frames that were used for scenes, and offered to purchase one in particular, but sadly never got a reply.

Last edited:
Thanks for the scan and the variants!
You're welcome! I haven't made a cropped postcard like version because I'm not sure what color looks closest to the movie version (I personally think 3 or 5, I used color match with a movie screenshot to create 3). Btw I also uploaded a version with colors that look a bit closer to the photograph Balkan has in his office, but again anyone feel free to make your own version

1675373473023.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back