Nintendo switch

I can't explain this if you guys won't listen.

I get it, you DO NOT LIKE NINTENDO.

I am very critical of them, trust me.

I want to hear from you that Sony, or Microsoft, designed their controllers from their own ideas.

It's not true. And that means you MUST, even though you are clearly a hater of all things Nintendo, give credit to them for your system as it exists.

I'm not happy with Nintendo....but I'm not blind to what they bring. And I won't downplay it like non-Nintendo people do.

I can't explain this if you guys won't listen.

I get it, you DO NOT LIKE NINTENDO.

I am very critical of them, trust me.

I want to hear from you that Sony, or Microsoft, designed their controllers from their own ideas.

It's not true. And that means you MUST, even though you are clearly a hater of all things Nintendo, give credit to them for your system as it exists.

I'm not happy with Nintendo....but I'm not blind to what they bring. And I won't downplay it like non-Nintendo people do.

I don't see anyone saying that Microsoft and Sony weren't very clearly inspired by Nintendo's design choices for controllers. In fact, everyone has agreed that Nintendo's basic design choices are largely responsible for the GOOD controllers out there today.

Anyone can put a computer in a box, jack the price up and sell it to fanboys. It's a PC, re-sold to people that want it on their TV.....flashy graphics, repackaged and boxed up for all to buy so they don't look at it on a PC monitor, rather, their TV.

The ultimate scam, in my opinion.

I'm going to leave this post and play my retropie now. ;)

Anyone can put a computer in a box, jack the price up and sell it to fanboys. It's a PC, re-sold to people that want it on their TV.....flashy graphics, repackaged and boxed up for all to buy so they don't look at it on a PC monitor, rather, their TV.

The ultimate scam, in my opinion.

I'm going to leave this post and play my retropie now. ;)

So Xbox and PlayStation players are automatically fanboys now?

Last edited:
For the record, if it were $249 with an actual launch lineup, instead of $299 with a launch...game...I'd be a day one buyer.

As as it stands, I remain largely skeptical of the sustainability of a device like this.

So Xbox and PlayStation players are automatically fanboys now? You just lost all credibility in this discussion, in my opinion.

Nope. But this isn't a troll thread for either system.

It's a Nintendo Switch tread. I'm here to really discuss the thread topic.

If you have more to add to The Nintendo Switch I'd love to hear you keep things on topic. I certainly can.

For the record, if it were $249 with an actual launch lineup, instead of $299 with a launch...game...I'd be a day one buyer.

As as it stands, I remain largely skeptical of the sustainability of a device like this.

$50 doesn't mean much to me....but I understand if it does to others. I will spend weeks enjoying Zelda, and then playing the HELL out of Splatoon 2.

It's an easy day one purchase for me. I spend way more for ***** that sits on a shelf looking back at me offering less return. The idea that $50 is a deal breaker is laughable.

$50 doesn't mean much to me....but I understand if it does to others. I will spend weeks enjoying Zelda, and then playing the HELL out of Splatoon 2.

It's an easy day one purchase for me. I spend way more for ***** that sits on a shelf looking back at me offering less return. The idea that $50 is a deal breaker is laughable.

As I've stated before, I see no value in it at $300.

The idea that someone would pay $300 JUST to play Zelda is the only thing laughable in this thread.

As I've stated before, I see no value in it at $300.

The idea that someone would pay $300 JUST to play Zelda is the only thing laughable in this thread.

If it was a brand new Halo game it would be no different, IMO.

By the time I'm done with Zelda I'll have Splatoon 2....which has endless hours of fun. Then Mario, and 80 games in development. So your argument is vapid.

If it was a brand new Halo game it would be no different, IMO.

If Microsoft launched a console with ONLY Halo as a title, I'd be just as skeptical of that as I am of this.

And what does Halo have to do with Nintendo or the Switch? I thought you wanted to stay on topic so that the fanboys don't get involved?

By the way, you're taking this awfully personally. Maybe fanboy is a word that you could use to describe yourself better than anyone else in this thread?

Let me add this: sometimes you have a system that, dispite the initial cost, is worth it for a game or two,

For me, this is HANDS DOWN, Splatoon.

If you play it, you might get it. It has/had constant level upgrades, weapon and character upgrades, free online play....I would, without question, pay $300 to play this game with all that has been offered with the Wii U. The hours of fun and entertainment with this game make it worth far, far more.

So, maybe I'm the idiot. Maybe "I'M" the fanboy. If so....I'm cool with that. I love Nintendo. I (mostly) love what they do. They make great ***** games that provide hours and hours of continuous fun.

If Microsoft launched a console with ONLY Halo as a title, I'd be just as skeptical of that as I am of this.

And what does Halo have to do with Nintendo or the Switch? I thought you wanted to stay on topic so that the fanboys don't get involved?

By the way, you're taking this awfully personally. Maybe fanboy is a word that you could use to describe yourself better than anyone else in this thread?

Did you miss the part where I said I was unhappy with Nintendo?

This thread derailed to Sony and Microsoft LONG before I joined. I am just completely tired of people that prefer those systems coming into a thread about Nintendo and bashing.

It's OLD. OLD.

If you don't want a Switch, great. Don't buy one. Some of us here WANT one, and I feel like this thread, in the interest of the RPF and positivity, should be focused on that.

Let me add this: sometimes you have a system that, dispite the initial cost, is worth it for a game or two,

For me, this is HANDS DOWN, Splatoon.

If you play it, you might get it. It has/had constant level upgrades, weapon and character upgrades, free online play....I would, without question, pay $300 to play this game with all that has been offered with the Wii U. The hours of fun and entertainment with this game make it worth far, far more.

So, maybe I'm the idiot. Maybe "I'M" the fanboy. If so....I'm cool with that. I love Nintendo. I (mostly) love what they do. They make great ***** games that provide hours and hours of continuous fun.

You're not an idiot, you're just a fan man.

I'm a fan of Nintendo, too. The only console of theirs that I never owned was a Super Nintendo, and that was only because my best friend bought that and I bought a Sega Genesis so it was like we had both. That said, I felt that the Wii was a letdown after its initial launch...I got mine at 1201am on launch day and was so happy...but four months later I was just...unimpressed. My wife and I got a Wii U shortly after launch...and it's been the single most regretted video game purchase I've ever made.

To me, part of being a fan is being critical. I think launching this console with such a small lineup is a HUUUGE mistake. Personally? I have no use for Zelda. To me, it's boring. The other four games?? Equally useless. I also truly feel that the price point is a miss by $70, but I'd be willing to pay $250.

I'm a fan of Nintendo, too. The only console of theirs that I never owned was a Super Nintendo, and that was only because my best friend bought that and I bought a Sega Genesis so it was like we had both. That said, I felt that the Wii was a letdown after its initial launch...I got mine at 1201am on launch day and was so happy...but four months later I was just...unimpressed. My wife and I got a Wii U shortly after launch...and it's been the single most regretted video game purchase I've ever made.

To me, part of being a fan is being critical. I think launching this console with such a small lineup is a HUUUGE mistake. Personally? I have no use for Zelda. To me, it's boring. The other four games?? Equally useless. I also truly feel that the price point is a miss by $70, but I'd be willing to pay $250.

All good....have you played Splatoon?

Just curious, because aside from the Mario games the Wii U for me was a complete FAIL.

But Splatoon is soooooooo fun. I play it daily. It really makes me feel like certain portions of Nintendo "get it"

This thread derailed to Sony and Microsoft LONG before I joined. I am just completely tired of people that prefer those systems coming into a thread about Nintendo and bashing.

Ummm...what?

This post by you is what largely brought Sony and MS into this thread. They had been mentioned previously, but not in any form of bashing. You were the one that turned it into an MS/Sony vs Nintendo discussion.

If Sony and Microsoft were as innovative....where are their controller technologies that push the boundaries? Where are their designs that haven't been copied from Nintendo?

I don't care because I think comparisons are obviously going to come into play, but there was hardly any bashing of Nintendo by Sony/MS players in this thread st all...and really, other than the discussions regarding controllers there still hasn't been much bashing going either direction.

Part of our disconnect could be just that. The NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube were all solid. If you owned them, and played the library of games on each, you get it.

All good....have you played Splatoon?

Just curious, because aside from the Mario games the Wii U for me was a complete FAIL.

But Splatoon is soooooooo fun. I play it daily. It really makes me feel like certain portions of Nintendo "get it"

I have not. I really, REALLY dislike the choices Nintendo makes when it comes to online gaming. It just feels so dated to me, like they refuse to acknowledge that it's an important aspect of a console these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of our disconnect could be just that. The NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube were all solid. If you owned them, and played the library of games on each, you get it.

I did own own all of those...the only one I didn't was the SNES, for the reason stated.

Ummm...what?

This post by you is what largely brought Sony and MS into this thread. They had been mentioned previously, but not in any form of bashing. You were the one that turned it into an MS/Sony vs Nintendo discussion.

I don't care because I think comparisons are obviously going to come into play, but there was hardly any bashing of Nintendo by Sony/MS players in this thread st all...and really, other than the discussions regarding controllers there still hasn't been much bashing going either direction.

Actually, your post #44 was the first to mention other systems ;)

- - - Updated - - -

With the retropie I admittedly have a whole new love for classic games. It's so awesome.

I'm pissed at Nintendo....daily. They can't seem to get out of the way of themselves. But, I'm optimistic as well. :)

Actually, your post #44 was the first to mention other systems ;)

- - - Updated - - -

With the retropie I admittedly have a whole new love for classic games. It's so awesome.

I'm pissed at Nintendo....daily. They can't seem to get out of the way of themselves. But, I'm optimistic as well. :)

As stated, the other consoles had been mentioned, but hardly in any sort of a "bashing" respect.

As stated, the other consoles had been mentioned, but hardly in any sort of a "bashing" respect.

As a fan of Nintendo, and purchaser/supporter of all their systems throughout the years, I'm fine with my takes on the company, their games and fun factor value of the systems.

We can agree to dissagree, I have no problem with that.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back