NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's *NEW LED's* 12-21 pg.21

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **NEW UPDATE** 10-21 Pg

I can't believe how close to the real deal this came out and to think your not even finished. Can't wait to it finished up with lights. Great job man, this is definitely the most accurate replicas out there.

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **NEW UPDATE** 10-21 Pg

Thanks bro! I would encourage anyone to do this.

I will probably start the auction in the $950-$1000 range and see what happens.

The shoes that I have to start with are $200, plus materials $50 plus electronics $20-$25 plus time & labor and RARITY (priceless ;) ) Since this would be the most accurate replica then I think the $1000+ range would justifiable.

Thoughts?

Sounds excellent!
And for sure, the rarity of the shoes just make them one of those priceless items.

Thanks bro! I would encourage anyone to do this.

I will probably start the auction in the $950-$1000 range and see what happens.

The shoes that I have to start with are $200, plus materials $50 plus electronics $20-$25 plus time & labor and RARITY (priceless ;) ) Since this would be the most accurate replica then I think the $1000+ range would justifiable.

Thoughts?

I think starting from $950 is cool.

Just take excellent pics and describe it in great detail. You don't want some shoe freak buying it and trying to wear it. There's a whole bunch of loons out there.

Today I removed the white top part from my Mark Poon shoes and just put it in place to see how it looks.

I think I will be able to use this part as a guide to making the pattern.

What ya think?

My personal opinion is that it is too "puffy" and needs to be more streamlined and bit smaller all around. But I also haven't glued it on place so it is just sitting there...

Dsc03398.jpg

Dsc03399.jpg

Last edited:
Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **NEW UPDATE** 10-22 Pg

Agree 100%. Looks great as a mock up, but white part is too puffy.

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **NEW UPDATE** 10-22 Pg

Agreed that the white part is too puffy.
This is turning out much better than I thought - not to say I doubted your skills, I'm just blown away at the level you are taking this to. Very good work.

Oh OK I get it now. You're referring to the top part only (Duh to me. 6am here and too little coffee so far :lol). I thought you wanted to make the whole shebang proportionately smaller.

Then yes, 110% agree that the top white part is too 'puffy'.

Looks incredible!

Took nike 5 plus years? You did it in what 2 months?

Wish there was a way to make the yellowed clear sole "clear", that aspect always held me back from ordering from poon.

Wish there was a way to make the yellowed clear sole "clear", that aspect always held me back from ordering from poon.

If its strictly a pair of his (no mods etc), you could always paint that part white mixed with a very small tint of grey.

They would look like this. I intend to do this with mine eventually.

Then again, some stunt shoes were the same colour as poon's.

Last edited:

Agreed that the white part is too puffy.
This is turning out much better than I thought - not to say I doubted your skills, I'm just blown away at the level you are taking this to. Very good work.

Thanks GF. I am really trying to do everything I can to make these absolutely the BEST replicas out there.

Looks incredible!

Took nike 5 plus years? You did it in what 2 months?

I am working with someone that should be able to cast the yellow part in clear! YAY! As well as enlarge the ankel light bubble to the correct size and shape. That way I should be able to fit 4 LED's of each color and have a clear sole and ankle bubble!

So am I getting this down to a science. I can basically make the entire upper from scratch in just about 3 hours.

I made another one tonight but got tired and didn't finish it. This shoe was to test the "hidden seam" on the inside of the shoe.

Here is what my process looks like:

Dsc034032.jpg

Dsc034052.jpg

Dsc034062.jpg

Dsc034072.jpg

Dsc034082.jpg

Dsc034092.jpg

Dsc034102.jpg

Dsc03411.jpg

Dsc03420.jpg

HIDDEN SEAM ON THE INSIDE OF THE SHOE

Dsc03414.jpg

Dsc03415.jpg

You did all that in one night?! Seems like you could easily make more than 1-2 pairs to sell.... even if they weren't complete with lights and everything.
Looks amazing. You're getting it down to a science.

You did all that in one night?! Seems like you could easily make more than 1-2 pairs to sell.... even if they weren't complete with lights and everything.

Thanks. Even though I know what I am doing, there are several tricky parts to making these. From getting it thermoformed in the correct form, attaching the laces perfectly, glueing the fabric down to getting it all finished off.

Once I have the electronics down, then I should be able to make a show with lights in about 2-3 days. I really hope that we can get the soles clear!

If someone wanted the shoes converted without lights I could do that also.

Here is a fun pic, though I haven't finished the triangle shoe loop on top, but that is easy to do.

Dsc03431.jpg

the shoe is comin along nice brad,you could be on to a winner with these:love

Thanks mate. I will probably start on the other shoe this week.

Biff - "There are two of them?"

Tonight I did two things.

1) Made ANOTHER upper
2) Took apart the other shoe and test fit last nights upper into it.

As you can see the forms are slightly different and the rear shoe is slightly darker. Other than that they are identical. YAY!

When I make my FINAL pair, I will make the forms identical as well as the color.

Dsc03435.jpg

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's *TWO SHOES DONE* 10-23

89685066.jpg

272_357ii5l0ey.png

Nute Gunray-"this is gettn out of hand. now there are 2 of them" Yea i used a Prequel reference LOL

Damn dude... Baby pic says it all!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back