NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's *NEW LED's* 12-21 pg.21

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **HUGE UPDATE** 10-20 P

Wow Brad !!!!

It's awesome, Nike can go to hell now !

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **HUGE UPDATE** 10-20 P

Wow Brad !!!!

It's awesome, Nike can go to hell now !

LOL :lol...YEP!

The great thing is, is that everytime I re-make this shoe, I see something else I need to tweak. It is a little trial and error process but everytime I am one step closer...

When I am done, I am going to buy a Yellow Custom Case for them and add the Plutonium sticker to it:

pelican-flashlights_2180_13194853

will these be wearable once they are done Jedifyfe?

Nope. I mean I guess someone with a size 9 could fit in them but this fabric is very "fragile". Meaning that it would scuff or stain fairly easily. Plus I will be installing the lights, so it would not be advisable to wear them. Since I wear a size 10.5-11, I really only want them for show.

Good work Brad!!! the shoe is lookin pretty darn nice:thumbsup

Holy crap dude! That is one fine piece of art. Hey you should think about creating the top half as you did but add it to a different sole like a wal mart or payless shoe to be wearable like a lookalike shoe ya know?

Badaas work by the way

Great job when is the foam white insert on the hell part being installed

That will be next on my list. Since I don't sew, I have to make the pattern and have our family friend help me. Luckily it is a basic design.

Holy crap dude! That is one fine piece of art. Hey you should think about creating the top half as you did but add it to a different sole like a wal mart or payless shoe to be wearable like a lookalike shoe ya know?

Badaas work by the way

Hmmm. I don't know of any shoe base that I could use, plus I would have to make another shoe "last" for the bigger shoe.

What I would love to see happen, is to have someone here make an accurate sole...:love

The form looks great! The only problem I can spot is where the elastic pieces meet the sole. On the nike's, the first strap meets the sole a little further back than where your second strap does. Last pic on post 149 shows what I'm talking about. Other than that, amazing!

But on second thought, I don't see a good way to fix that. Might have something to do with the sole itself...

LOL :lol...YEP!

The great thing is, is that everytime I re-make this shoe, I see something else I need to tweak. It is a little trial and error process but everytime I am one step closer...

When I am done, I am going to buy a Yellow Custom Case for them and add the Plutonium sticker to it:

pelican-flashlights_2180_13194853

I had the same idea. But I will try to replicate the Plutonium box which Doc is using. Painting this Box yellow is my plan.
21foXBjE8eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The form looks great! The only problem I can spot is where the elastic pieces meet the sole. On the nike's, the first strap meets the sole a little further back than where your second strap does. Last pic on post 149 shows what I'm talking about. Other than that, amazing!

But on second thought, I don't see a good way to fix that. Might have something to do with the sole itself...

Yeah, that is the sole itself, nothing I can do or else it will throw everything else off.

Thanks though!

most impressive jedifyfe....wish there was a way to get these in different sizes without spending thousands of dollars cause Markpoons don't fit me.
I agree. Markpoon's shoes are size 9, but the shoes that fit me are size 7. If I wore size 9 shoes they'd look ridiculous like clown shoes.
QFT. A top half that can be adapted to the sole of another shoe, and that comes in different sizes, would really be great.

Thanks guys!

Today has been a "2 steps forward 1 step back" sort of day. The shoe "last" that I scuplted and used air-dry clay on cracked all over. I kind of anticipated this so today I bondo'd the entire form and I will sand it smooth this weekend. It will be stronger than ever.

I also finished the other side of the shoe and figured out a great way to hide the seam on the inside of the shoe. It's going to work great. The below pics aren't how the seam will look. I didn't figure out how to hide the seam until I finished it today. So the next shoe will have it done correctly.

Also today I used the tongue off of Mark's show as a "placeholder" for the tongue that I will have sewn up. Remember that the ankle strap is just a quick temporary version. I wll actually have the wire running inside the strap for the EL sheet "NIKE" logo.

Here are todays pics. As you can see these show the color better, since most of the previous pics have been with incandecent lighting.

Dsc03401.jpg

Dsc03402.jpg

Dsc03403.jpg

Dsc03404.jpg

Dsc03405.jpg

Dsc03406.jpg

Dsc03410.jpg

Dsc03409.jpg

Comparison shot:

Dsc03397.jpg

Last edited:
Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **NEW UPDATE** 10-21 Pg

Dude everytime I look in this thread I'm like 'damn, I gotta make me a pair!' I just love your attention to detail on this. If you made more, how much would you auction them for?

Re: NIKE, you can go to hell. I'm making my own NIKE MAG's **NEW UPDATE** 10-21 Pg

Dude everytime I look in this thread I'm like 'damn, I gotta make me a pair!' I just love your attention to detail on this. If you made more, how much would you auction them for?

Thanks bro! I would encourage anyone to do this.

I will probably start the auction in the $950-$1000 range and see what happens.

The shoes that I have to start with are $200, plus materials $50 plus electronics $20-$25 plus time & labor and RARITY (priceless ;) ) Since this would be the most accurate replica then I think the $1000+ range would justifiable.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back