Nike Mag's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

Looks like its going to be the release of the Nike Free 3.0 with power laces. I think you pull on the rear (green,yellow,red) tab and it self laces.

NIKEFREE.jpg

NIKEFREE1.jpg

Is it a manual powerlacing system? Maybe that could be incorporated into customizing fan built mags. Once those shoes are released, be able to see the mechanics of how they work.

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Mags or Power Laces. Self lacing shoes wouldn't have a traditional knot anyway. I doubt well see anything of the sort untill their 2015 deadline.
These are running shoes and the whole Red Yellow Green thing is for how fast you're running.

So what lame ******** which is not affordable MAGs is Nike releasing today? I just looked at their youtube videos and didn't really find a clear answer...

So what lame ******** which is not affordable MAGs is Nike releasing today? I just looked at their youtube videos and didn't really find a clear answer...

It's the Nike "Fuelband". A stupid wrist band that tracks your daily excercise progress. :thumbsdown

It's the Nike "Fuelband". A stupid wrist band that tracks your daily excercise progress. :thumbsdown

HA! I did see that video, but dismissed it as being the "thing" of 1-19-12 because it wasn't shoes, and it's lame. Can't believe that's actually it. Wow.

Thanks for the total let down again Nike. I really feel for the hardcore BTTF fans that were screwed over by Nike. I actually think that they will do exactly the same thing in 2015 with the power laced versions. I can just see it now:

"2015 pairs up for auction. You, the fans decide how much you want to pay". Yes, except for the fact that we don't choose as we can't afford them :facepalm

I'm HOPING, that if they do this, they will at LEAST actually re-release the non power laced versions for the general public. It would be a VERY wise business move and make millions of dreams come true.

Did I hear MJF correctly? "in 10 days it rose $4.7M for Parkinsons". I thought the eBay action rose more than that?

Did I hear MJF correctly? "in 10 days it rose $4.7M for Parkinsons". I thought the eBay action rose more than that?
The Michael J. Fox Foundation - The 2011 NIKE MAG Auction Raises $4.7 Million for The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
The September auction of the 2011 Nike MAG shoes raised $4.7 million for MJFF. Thanks to the Brin Wojcicki Challenge, the dollars are doubled to $9.4 million.
The auction raised $4.7 million and then the amount was doubled by Google co-founder Sergey Brin and his wife Anne Wojcicki through the Brin Wojcicki Challenge https://www.michaeljfox.org/get-involved/brin-challenge.html

They forgot to say "raised $4.7 million for Parkinson's research..... AND pissed off 99% of BTTF fans who wanted the shoes the most."

I'm so sick of videos like this that make Nike out to be such heroes.

I have read nearly all of this thread over the last week or so (sad but true) as I wasn't a member back in 2011 and completely missed the MAG auction being in the UK. Was an interesting read. I don't own a RD pair of MAGs (yet :behave), but i have been trying to get a pair for a few months, but prices are just crazy. I kinda want to see a 2015 release, so I 'might' be able to own a pair, but I also like the limited availability of the RD MAG; it keeps them sought-after and still pretty much out-of-reach. If they were commercially available, maybe that 'special' factor may be a little diluted, and all the awesome replicas and knock-offs that have been modded wouldn't give people that 'wow' factor that they currently do. But I still want a pair, so Nike, where are my MAGs?!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back