Nike Mag's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

For my RPF bro's, im happy for ya.. really as I know you bought them cause you LOVE them as do I.

Now going on ebay tonight and seeing all the guys out there dumping them trying to make a quick cash with x2 x3 prices..

That one guy who has easily over $20,000 tied up in his "buy and flip" scheme.

Far as I can tell.. not single pair has sold from anyone at those crazy BIN prices.

SWEATING MUCH D BAGS!!!??

ngbbs4a738ba6a6eac.jpg

I just realized something....in my excitement over the "main event" I TOTALLY overlooked the fact that the auction clearly stated the shoes would be coming with the pin AND the DVD would feature an interview with Tinker Hatfield.....niether is the case..............

Just for reference - as I expected with these - the "laces" are just pieces of elastic.

The buckle at the top - I have huge muscles in my legs and it makes pulling that buckle through and folding it over really hard. It's a definite weak spot on the shoe - I could easily see that buckle pulling away from the body of the shoe if too much pressure was put on it.

That buckle is also not how the shoe was originally designed - how was the top part supposed to tighten up on the "real" shoe?

I just realized something....in my excitement over the "main event" I TOTALLY overlooked the fact that the auction clearly stated the shoes would be coming with the pin AND the DVD would feature an interview with Tinker Hatfield.....niether is the case..............

You're right.. from the auction description..

Q: WHAT ELSE COMES WITH THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES?
The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes come with a Premium Cardboard box with magnet closure system, Charger, Certificate of Authenticity, DVD (Back for the Future trailer, product video and interview with Tinker Hatfield), Manual and Lapel Pin.

OK, I've e-mailed auctioncause about the pin and the interview. Let's see what they say. I'm really not that fussed, but I'm still interested to see what they say.

OK, I've e-mailed auctioncause about the pin and the interview. Let's see what they say. I'm really not that fussed, but I'm still interested to see what they say.

Good call.
They are obligated to ship what was advertised so I'd like to see how they respond to this.
Id also like to know if there is a reaon Nike ommited the featurettes from the DVD as that content was clearly professionally produced and deserves to be mastered on DVD - especially for the prices we paid.
If we make a big enough fuss, we could try and get them to put out a new DVD with those missing videos...

Yeah, at first I was thinking "Well, this is for charity - no need to make a big fuss", BUT:

1) I'm pissed at Nike for the **** up on the DMC shoes - having waited in the freezing cold at the front of the line for 5 hours only for other people to be let in the back door.

2) I'm pissed at Nike for not doing a bigger release of these.

3) It's a tax write-off for Nike.

Does everyones dvd work? When I pop mine in it won't play with a pop up on my comp telling me to burn files to disc??? Is that suppose to happen?

Did you try the disc in a regular DVD player? It's a DVD Video disc so if you have a PC then you need the proper software all properly installed to play it. Otherwise it'll work fine on a regular DVD player. Also - it's not a silver (pressed) disc, it's a burned DVD-R, so your player needs to support that.

Anyone else register their shoes yet?
I just did and after it is all done, they say something about contacting you when we get closer to 2015.....hmmmm.....wonder if that means 2011 Mag owners will be getting firt picks or something on the self-lacing version??

Anyone else register their shoes yet?
I just did and after it is all done, they say something about contacting you when we get closer to 2015.....hmmmm.....wonder if that means 2011 Mag owners will be getting firt picks or something on the self-lacing version??

I would say that makes sense they would give the owners first dibs, based on the amount of coin we dropped on these bad boys.

For those less fortunate, this is what you see when you register the shoes:
http://outatime.net/misc/2011-nike-mags-registered-screen.png

They look very comfortable. I like how the NIKE strap fits around the 'neck' of the shoe. I'd wear em.

MJF must have legs like a baby giraffe. It's so hard to close that buckle at the top. But there again, it's not remotely like the design of the original shoe.

MJF must have legs like a baby giraffe. It's so hard to close that buckle at the top. But there again, it's not remotely like the design of the original shoe.

Remember they did state that the designed was improved. Rather than being a movie prop these had to stand up to real-world standards so some design improvements were necessary. Cosemetically, they are pretty much exact - just better.
I have VERY thin ankles and it is a little tough to get the strap on and you really have to be careful as stated in a previous post, the buckle looks like it can break off the upper if you apply too much pressure.
I DO like the fact that Nike added that curved piece of plastic on the end of the strap so that it easily slips in the buckle.

Sadly, I think this pair sold. $7,000

NIKE Mag Rare Shoes sz 7 NIB Collector's Shoe Replica from Back to the Future! | eBay

(It's ok to post completed auctions, right?)

And this pair, priced much lower than that, closed without selling:
nike Mag 2011 limited release McFly 2015 | eBay

Ya I see a couple of sellers are quoting that 7k auction as "look what this sold for". However I cant find it when I search ebays completed auctions myself, nor is there any indication that someone actually BIN'd them or am i missing something? It just says that the auction ended.

Got a reply back from the auction about the missing lapel pin and the DVD feature.
I was told Nike is shipping these separately and that we should contact Nike directly about the DVD content.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back