Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just spoke to one friend i know.
It seems something is being manufactured from one of the factories.
Not sure if its the same V2 slightly modified or something more accurate but i'll try find out.

If they have managed to get an original, then they will have had to have made new moulds, but i am very sceptical they can copy the electronics, unless they've dismantled a pair or got hold of a sample pair first.

The one in the videos is the same one being used by several sellers (probably the same people) of an authentic 2011 pair.

If a replica copy looks close to that well better late than never but I highly doubt it, unless they actually got the original and deconstructed it.
Then I can believe it.

http://www.pickjordan23.cn/?Authentic-Nike-Air-Mag-p693201.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3C4zU_h96A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkKvYtXkqQ

Last edited:
Your only option is western union or moneygram, so its basically poker time if anyone wants to have a go with their money!

Last edited:
i just spoke to one friend i know.
It seems something is being manufactured from one of the factories.
Not sure if its the same V2 slightly modified or something more accurate but i'll try find out.

If they have managed to get an original, then they will have had to have made new moulds, but i am very sceptical they can copy the electronics, unless they've dismantled a pair or got hold of a sample pair first.

The one in the videos is the same one being used by several sellers (probably the same people) of an authentic 2011 pair.

If a replica copy looks close to that well better late than never but I highly doubt it, unless they actually got the original and deconstructed it.
Then I can believe it.

http://www.pickjordan23.cn/?Authentic-Nike-Air-Mag-p693201.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3C4zU_h96A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkKvYtXkqQ

That's interesting

Seems highly suspicious:

ItGkTsU.png

AEt1g8w.png

JSyWCbk.png

She went dark as soon as I asked to see a size in 11... Or any of the stock she claims to have on hand.

That's fu..ing bull**** they'll never get that close to RD everybody knows it, you're just going to waste your money.

I can see them mastering the shape (since we have the RD patterns) and maybe the wiring (even though thry would cut massive corners with electronics) but they can't find the exact weave of fabric used for the RD unless someone raided Nike's fabric supplier in whatever magic hole they come from. Shape? Yes. Exact fabric, and perfect stitching? Unlikely. EL panels and correct LEDs? No effin way a pop-up factory would spend that much time and effort for accuracy, when they know they sold the innacurate V1s and electronic faulty V2s like crazy.

xact fabric, and perfect stitching? Unlikely. EL panels and correct LEDs? No effin way a pop-up factory would spend that much time and effort for accuracy, when they know they sold the innacurate V1s and electronic faulty V2s like crazy.

Nike had their fabric custom woven, so it's unlikely there's any appreciable amount of it left.

-Nick

EDIT: Based on what is said at the beginning of this video it seems that they only JUST got this pair of RDs in. They probably opened the box and immediately shot videos/took pictures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWNMazXJqA

What's sad is that IF they really are working on a V3, that means that shortly after these videos we've seen these RDs were summarily destroyed to be reverse engineered.

That said, the fact that they are selling replicas made by a factory we all know and love and NOT their own build tells me that GoGoYeezy is not a manufacturer, they are a distributor. So I'm back to my "don't hold your breath" sentiment. Even if they pass these shoes along to a factory to be replicated, let's not forget what happened with "Mr. Fusions." Even with a reference pair handy, it does not mean we will get anything approaching what we see in these videos.

Last edited:
Based on my own manufacturing experiences in China that Chinese manufacturing for Chinese nationals is going to get it much closer to the mark than the Chinese manufacturing for a "Westerner". Maybe a language thing, but maybe just a lack of trust, not sure. Point is, I struggled for years on my project and in the end, it took befriending a national online, and then a visit to his country and meeting him and his family and amazingly different results from there on. Within 6 months I had a world class product.

I've been silently watching this thread for a while but with the appearance of the new mags I think it was only a matter of time. Someone mentioned something along the lines that suddenly they cared about quality more than a quick buck as if it were far fetched, but as far as Jordan's and yeezy's go they have been almost identical for some years now and calling them authentic ...to the point where to tell the difference you're damn near turning the shoe Inside out and ripping out insoles etc for factory stamps.

i wouldn't risk being the Guinea pig as they're still not to be trusted, but I'm pretty sure ( since a few companies have them apparently on IG) that they updated the V2 to a near perfect replica of the mags. And if you all can make adjustments to the V2 to make them like 95% accurate they could too. For all we know they could've got the electronic fixes from your videos lol. I contacted a guy on IG who does real/fake comparisons idk if he will drop 700 on one but he has done a ton of different shoes so he probably would since it's a highly sought after shoe. If I see any customer confirmed pic and it hasn't been updated in here I'll be sure to let you all know! Same it's a complete scam

If this group purchase was to actually happen, then I move a vote that Jedifyfe gets the shoes delivered to him so he can do the A/B comparison with his real shoes and call it for what it is.

Maybe now the Chinese have a pair of the real shoes in their possession, then maybe they can actually see what they got wrong with the V2s, correct those faults and give us the V3 we all want. Maybe they don't change a thing and it is just another V2 or something worse like the SPORT. Point being, we only lose a small amount, not the best part of a grand.

The Chinese can make good stuff when they see a need, so lets hope they do here. they have missed the boat but they did say "two weeks" which is close to October 21.

Would I pay $700USD for a pair of replica MAGs? If they can get them closer to the RD than the V2 currently is, I'd consider it. Given the money I have thrown at MAGs since coming here in 2010, $700 is not that big a deal, but I want it to be better than what we have now. Like I would expect a professional factory version of what I have now with no need to mod further - ie slightly taller, sleaker design with the slim toe, a rounder heel cup with proper sized letting, thinner base at the heel, a proper shaped ankle buckle, outrigger soles (they probably still use non UV rubber), correct colourway, and of course, working lights with EL. Seams that go all the way up the back and are in the correct place on the side would also be sweet. As for the longer toungue, I would not lose sleep over it if they could not do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This all just seems way to convenient, about two weeks before the 21st and suddenly they have perfected the Reps?!

I know we all would love to see a perfectly accurate replica, that is almost a 1:1 with the RD but I really can't see this being it. My feeling is that they are just building hype because they know people will be extra keen to buy Mags as its 2015. I think if anyone has bought from here they will either end up with one of the existing reps, or nothing at all. There's more than a few people with limited knowledge on the Mags that have bought V2s in the past and thought they got the real one's (literally aaaaalll over instagram)

Of course, on the other hand it really does seem like they have their hands on an actual pair of RDs, which is something that I don't believe has happened before. While it would be the biggest shame if they break them down to create a new replica, it would also mean (hopefully) a much more accurate version.

All that being said, I'd definitely be happy to chip in to see if there's any truth behind all this.

The day chinese will get that close to RDs i'll post a picture of my back on therpf !

If you believe it guys then why don't you ask the person to show you her stock to prove that she has all size. (wich won't happen haha)

Of course, on the other hand it really does seem like they have their hands on an actual pair of RDs, which is something that I don't believe has happened before

That alone is the only thing worth holding onto. I believe all they had prior to now was images of the real shoe and camera settings pending , sometimes the mid-soles look darker than the fabric which is why the V2s came out the way they did.

I don't think they need to tear these down. They can take a digital scan the shoes and scale up and down to make various sizes. They can either use the published patterns or simply unfold the upper from the 3D scan. No different to what was done in Europe that allowed cloneprops to then create the 3D part many of us use. He could have done all the parts, but he knew that only a select few could do anything with the 3D printed parts, so elected not to put them up.

My girlfriend had a chat with the seller on wechat to see what the story is with these shoes. They said that the ones in the Youtube video are made by them and the only pair they have right now. More pairs will be available to order from December 1st. When my girlfriend pointed out that the pictures on their website included all of the extra stuff in the box that came with the RD Mags, she said that they made all of that too and it would come with their improved shoes. Not sure exactly what to make of all of this. It screams utter bollox, and I don't believe for one second that they made the shoes. On the other hand, why go to the trouble of obtaining a pair of RD Mags just to try and scam a few people into buying v2's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back