Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has seems like that Karin Chen has taken down her AliExpress store. Now I can't get my V2s. :-(

Dammit I was about to order second pair! I don't trust any of the other sellers on there and even with Karin I was optimistic they would arrive! Makes me want to take the V2s I'm wearing off right now in case I can't get another pair! Sure as hell not paying AU$500+ off eBay for a pair!!

Dammit I was about to order second pair! I don't trust any of the other sellers on there and even with Karin I was optimistic they would arrive! Makes me want to take the V2s I'm wearing off right now in case I can't get another pair! Sure as hell not paying AU$500+ off eBay for a pair!!

Maybe she's prepping for the V3s :p

I purchased my V2s from Tomas Liu. They're selling for $212 USD and I received mine in about 8 days. He has plenty of positive feedback as well on his store. Just throwing it out there as an option.

I was going to buy my first pair for christmas. :cry

Last edited:
I hope this is what you mean, before glow and after a few minutes of charging in the late afternoon sun. Doesn't take long to charge them.
View attachment 571198
View attachment 571209
That's exactly what i wanted to see ;) thanks man
i hope that i'll find my gitd stuff into my mail box when i'll be back home so i'll go gitd on my next "mag" project

is this a picture from daylight ?

if the v3 doesn't show up, the karin chen option for somr v2 is a big lost :(

My only option right now for Nike MAG mods are buying real ones or waiting for V3s. Karin Chen's V2s aren't being sold which is a very great loss in the modding community :cry.

yes the pictures were taken at ...... (looks up the image properties) 4:10pm and 4:20pm.
The glow in the dark material glows brightest just after receiving a charge of light but continues to glow less brightly for quite a while.

When I had GITD in mine, I noticed it would fade from really bright to dull in a minutes and would continue to glow for several hours. The low glow was still bright enough to be clearly seen but no where near as bright as EL.

When I had GITD in mine, I noticed it would fade from really bright to dull in a minutes and would continue to glow for several hours. The low glow was still bright enough to be clearly seen but no where near as bright as EL.

The glow in dark is not that bad in its brightness. They have the correct shade of colour which is a plus.

The glow in dark is not that bad in its brightness. They have the correct shade of colour which is a plus.

It is probably the closest to the proper CYAN I have seen. Given I have called no joy on the EL repair and now have to remove my soles to make the repair, I think I will just go back to GITD on this wear pair. This time, however, I will get the 5 parts machined up so I can make a proper mold and can pour into that rather than pouring a sheet and cutting out from that. Basically less waste.

I have not tested this yet, but I also think adding the powder to the pour so it just soaks in will yield an even brighter result.

It is probably the closest to the proper CYAN I have seen. Given I have called no joy on the EL repair and now have to remove my soles to make the repair, I think I will just go back to GITD on this wear pair. This time, however, I will get the 5 parts machined up so I can make a proper mold and can pour into that rather than pouring a sheet and cutting out from that. Basically less waste.

I have not tested this yet, but I also think adding the powder to the pour so it just soaks in will yield an even brighter result.

The el lighting kits I will have shortly are dead on exact shade of cyan.

I'll post a pic shortly of a larger panel I have.

The el lighting kits I will have shortly are dead on exact shade of cyan.

I'll post a pic shortly of a larger panel I have.

Don't get me wrong because electrics are so very cool. Just that I must be pretty rough on these shoes to have the same failures happen over and over again. GITD can't fail or break. I am looking firward to seeing what you are offering in the way of a full kit and if it is as bullet proof as has been suggested, then I'd like to stay EL because it does turn heads.

It's January 2016. Nike MAG V3 month! #twomoreweeks

So was the "two weeks" from December 25? If so, then Jan 8 is the big day that they will announce "two weeks" ;)

We're most likely going to keep getting the excuse "In two weeks" and never going to get anything. I would love to be proven wrong, but it's looking grim.

Nor would I,...
Just got confirmed: "not for this month"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm giving up on this crap. I either have to wait for V3s or Karin Chen's store to get back up.

---Updated---

I think it's been two years. #twoyearsnotweeks

Sweet ! If the GITD is going to be brighter I'm gonna have to get some for my first pair !

Sweet ! If the GITD is going to be brighter I'm gonna have to get some for my first pair !

So the rule of thumb is that the mix can not contain more than 15% of the powder. So given these are just small panels protected inside the clears, I want to see what happens when I take the amount up. But rather than mix it into the clear and pour it, I am thinking that pouring the parts in clear (or maybe even white), then when the rubber is setting up and is a gel, sprinkle the powder over the top and let it bond into the surface only. In truth, it will probably be less than mixing 15%, but will bulk the layer up on the surface.

Anyway, I have a few days off soon and will run some tests and post them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back