Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone that can help me with the Nike logo for the strap? I don't have a laser printer and would rather not spend $100+ on one considering how much it costs for everything else.

So I crumbled and bought the black v2's.. I have gone for a yellow EL setup, I would have done red/black but as i've already done that combo I thought it was best to pick something new.
The yellow EL isn't coming out very clear on my phone camera so will take some pics on my SLR when they are finished.
There not finished yet, still need leatherette for the tick and then I can stick the heel cups down, then just iron the laces and clean them up a bit. Oh I used the Cloneprops buckles yet again but ordered them in black this time and painted the "mag" lettering in yellow.

Hope you all like them!

Attachments

• xkWJl3F.jpg
    xkWJl3F.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 135
  • OvV1cq6.jpg
    OvV1cq6.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 118
  • oRYYluH.jpg
    oRYYluH.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 136
  • BnNt5WG.jpg
    BnNt5WG.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 110
  • SagSC4Q.jpg
    SagSC4Q.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 122
Nice ! You already modded them, that was fast.
Something I notice since I do have MAGs now, is that when you slimmed the toe, the front of the shoe is higher. Does anyone understands what I mean ? Maybe I will post a picture to explain

Cool that you modded them! I'm not a fan of these black and yellow ones though. Why not do the black and red version?

Nice ! You already modded them, that was fast.
Something I notice since I do have MAGs now, is that when you slimmed the toe, the front of the shoe is higher. Does anyone understands what I mean ? Maybe I will post a picture to explain

the front toe of the grey sole is too short, and when you glue it back, it bends slightly upwards.
if you look at the 1989 and 2011 versions, the front Toe is much taller and goes angled upwards whereas the V2 is too low and goes downwards.

There is no way to fix it.
It looks off when its off your feet, but once the shoes are on your foot, its less noticeable.

you can't really do much about it, if anything!

airair said:
you can't really do much about it, if anything!
Yes that's what I thought...

Anyway I think they are really great with mods, but not even 1% of people who notice the shoes will notice the modded ones or the V2.
The important thing is that the guy wearing the shoes is happy with the pair he's wearing.

Awesome work Taff83 :)

Thanks Cavx, I've been thinking about possibly not going for the yellow tick and choosing black instead.. Just far too much yellow and I quite like them without the tick tbh. I've attached a photo with a black tick, let me know what you think.

They look awesome Taff.

Thanks and glad you like them :)

Attachments

• 60mkezw.jpg
    60mkezw.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 120
The black SWOOSH looks very good. Do you keep the gold splatter? I wonder how grey would look?

The splatter honestly looks more like yellow than gold which came in handy, i did think about grey but i tried that with my red/black mags and you could barely see it, if you use a flash on a camera its visible but to the naked eye you can't see it.. hence why i kept the splatter and just changed the mag lettering at the back.

Going to go with the black/charcoal tick as it goes nicely and matches the cuffs and strap leatherette. Will get them finished tonight and get pics online later.

Got the black swoosh on and finished them, had to take the photos under a few different lights as the EL keeps appearing green in the photos :? Anyway hope you like the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 111
About the Delorean 1:15, I saw that video you posted on your channel JediFyfe, I'm subbed to you. And those mods look cool, I had been planning on getting one of those toy Deloreans already, but your video convinced me to make the move happen!

Hi guys, you made me want to mod my MAGs so bad I started the toe slimming.
Following Jedifyfe's tutorials&videos and every info I could get on this topic.
I could use some help right now I guess.
Here's where I am, and I wonder if I should glue back the sole first and then modeling the fabric to have a slim look or if there is anything else to do.

Thanks for your answers guys !
IMG_2660.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back