Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

It's a size 8. Those are mine...so I'm not sure why Cavx is posting the picture.

@cavx: the reason the wrinkles look so defined is because light was coming in from an oblique angle emphasizing folds and wrinkles. It's also the reason I didn't yet post pictures here since that shot doesn't represent the shoes as they really look and I've been out and about and unable to take more shots yet.

-Nick

Sorry, wrinkles like that should not be present on $600 shoes. None of the V2s have wringles like that, yet all are made in a similar way - IE a stitch down over a last.

Random V2 question. Did anyone not destroy the straps when you replaced them? My light up straps are broke and now I need a replacement set and was hopping I could find a set from the V2 from someone as stand ins.

Random V2 question. Did anyone not destroy the straps when you replaced them? My light up straps are broke and now I need a replacement set and was hopping I could find a set from the V2 from someone as stand ins.

This is one reason why I never did the split method to conceal the wire. If it broke, an external wire was easier to access even though the split method looked far neater. Point being, when you are wearing them, you can't see the wire anyway.

It's a size 8. Those are mine...so I'm not sure why Cavx is posting the picture.

@cavx: the reason the wrinkles look so defined is because light was coming in from an oblique angle emphasizing folds and wrinkles. It's also the reason I didn't yet post pictures here since that shot doesn't represent the shoes as they really look and I've been out and about and unable to take more shots yet.

-Nick

Would you mind taking some measurements of the clear soles? I am still trying to get an idea of clear sole sizing on these shoes.

*****, so I just noticed that the pics they sent me of the shoes lit up are completely different shoes. I hadn't noticed the small crease on the upper pull area and went back to the first round of pics...then noticed the splatter pattern.

View attachment 653859View attachment 653860

So I don't know which pair I'd rather have arrive: the ones from the first round of pics that looked great but I had no idea if the lights work, or the 2nd pair that have working electronics but not as many QC pics. Good Lord.

Sorry for that problem, i think our team must send you two set pics for different customer, you could just ask are team send more pics, they will do for you, without your approve we cannot ship the package.

Last edited:
This pair looks really odd to me...something just doesn't look right. Is it a really small size or something? The clear sole looks huge.

I like them in that size. It seems that only the toe length gets longer on the larger sizes. Hope that is not the case.

Anyone got two quite different sizes to do a side by side?

I like them in that size. It seems that only the toe length gets longer on the larger sizes. Hope that is not the case.

Anyone got two quite different sizes to do a side by side?

Yeah, when you actually look at the official pair on Jfox, they do look quite compact to me, I believe he is size 6 or 7 x)

0_martymcflysko_977081a.gif

There is a video of a guy doing a review on the "friends and family" pair and he said that the left shoe is US6 and the right is a US7. Because the left shoe is supposed to the a true 1:1 replica of the shoes MJF wore in the film, it is possible that he actually wore US6.

There is a video of a guy doing a review on the "friends and family" pair and he said that the left shoe is US6 and the right is a US7. Because the left shoe is supposed to the a true 1:1 replica of the shoes MJF wore in the film, it is possible that he actually wore US6.

What is the "friends and family" shoe ?

Would you mind taking some measurements of the clear soles? I am still trying to get an idea of clear sole sizing on these shoes.

How about some pictures of my Size 8's with a tailor's tape in the shot? (And if you need any more help scaling, the EL in the soles is 4 15/16" from tip to tip)

Mags1.jpgMags2.jpgMags3.jpgMags4.jpgMags5.jpg

The first picture shows the toe wrinkles as they really appear. Once my foot is inside, the wrinkle is entirely invisible. So it works for me. And really, if someone has a problem with these shoes, no one is forcing you to buy a pair, just don't poopoo on those who chose to buy them just because the shoes don't match your personal ideal for the shoes.

I don't care whether you want sock toes, or a custom paint job, or even want to replace the EL with diffused LEDs, everyone has their own ideal for these shoes. We should be supporting each other rather than shooting each other down by saying how satisfied people SHOULD be with their purchase. I know we are all opinionated and have waited for years or decades for these shoes, but remember that if you are critiquing a pair of shoes, you are critiquing a member here. If you wouldn't walk into someone's house and start saying a certain thing about their furniture, don't say it about a person's shoes.

It seems that a lot of members have worked themselves up into a feeding frenzy and refuse to back down. If you don't own the shoes, then continue to pursue the shoes in any way you see fit. (Modding V1s or V2s, making your own customs, etc) If you DO own the shoes, feel free to critique what you see as shortcomings of your own shoes, but a lot of people have been extremely rude lately, and I think we all need to take a step back and choose to be people first, and nerds second.

Rant over, I love my shoes. And if you don't own a pair, you're missing out.

-Nick

Last edited:
Sorry for that problem, i think our team must send you two set pics for different customer, you could just ask are team send more pics, they will do for you, without your approve we cannot ship the package.

David this was the response from your team when I asked them:

image.jpeg

Your explanation makes more sense. However they've already shipped my pair. It would be great if the first pair arrive. We'll see.

Thinking of potential mods:

If anyone wants to make the bubble more accurate, before even trying to de-fog it, you may want to investigate swapping the LEDs out for more directional, less diffused ones. The ones in the shoe have a wide field of view, which is illuminating the areas around the other colors, making them less distinct. When really, what they need is something that mostly lights the area directly in front of it. Couple that with a de-fog and you'll have yourself a damn good ankle bubble.

Though, I'm almost afraid of how difficult it would be to lift the glue from the heel cup. That thing feels welded on. :lol

-Nick

What is the "friends and family" shoe ?

You might remember there being 1510 pair made? Yet 1500 pair were auctioned. I believe the other 10 pair were the F&F shoes.

Here is the video showing a guy un-boxing them. So you notice that they are not actually a pair. He got one of the 2011 and one true replica of the screen used shoe. I even like the box better.

You might remember there being 1510 pair made? Yet 1500 pair were auctioned. I believe the other 10 pair were the F&F shoes.

Here is the video showing a guy un-boxing them. So you notice that they are not actually a pair. He got one of the 2011 and one true replica of the screen used shoe. I even like the box better.

Thats incorrect. There were 1510 pairs auctioned. 1500 pairs on EBay. 10 "exclusive" pairs auctioned at various Nike Flagship Stores around the world. The friends and family pairs were a mix of prototype shoes and the display MAGs at the LA launch event.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back