Deprecated Nike FOOTWEAR Tube Bag (seller banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavx seems to be hard at work on his bags according to his facebook page, yet he decides to hide from us on the RPF. I don't know how this guy sleeps at night. Class act... :rolleyes:

cavx seems to be hard at work on his bags according to his facebook page, yet he decides to hide from us on the RPF. I don't know how this guy sleeps at night. Class act... :rolleyes:

If thats the case then it would mean that cavx has funds !

He would obviously require moneys to continue the project so it does not make sense to make a statement regarding debt?

Furthermore, sales on RPF and probably elsewhere will dip or even die due to whats happened with MattgomeryBurns if he wants to sell this product again,,,and this is over a minuscule 400 dollars?

Bizarre to say the least.

I think cavx is going to have to build a bigger tube to hide under:)

Cavx should be banned nothing more....

I agree to a certain extent, although i think its constructive to leave the thread open if he is banned, we have to think about who has been duped here...MattgomeryBurns of course...has anyone else been ripped off by cavx?

Banning the member in question just closes all possible closure for those affected, thats the way i see things... i,m sure cavx reads this thread and has replied in recent times to be fair so when he is man enough again maybe there can be a resolution for those affected?

Just my tuppence worth!

i,m sure cavx reads this thread and has replied in recent times to be fair so when he is man enough again maybe there can be a resolution for those affected?

Oh yeah, there’s no doubt he’s subscribed to this thread and gets email alerts that quote every post.

So what’s worse: that he’s reading these posts via email and doing nothing OR that he’s keeping up appearances that he hasn’t logged into the forum since Oct 11 and is just avoiding the problem altogether?

It’s cowardly and it’s cruel. And doing this to the person who supported the project from day one. He has no conscience and there should be no place for him in this community.

It’s cowardly and it’s cruel. And doing this to the person who supported the project from day one. He has no conscience and there should be no place for him in this community.

I realize you have been in this for the long haul bro and 400 dollars down along with the ****... the post below shows you were loyal to the project even way back in 2016...

All i am saying is banning this member achieve's nothing,, members can and will come back under a new alias and a new ip address and view the forum unknown (do you want that) i think not..... its pointless for cavx to do this of course but if i was you i would ask Admin to lock cavx to only this thread....and they should be able to do that buddy...or a lock on all his bttf tube threads...there is a few of course..

This would mean he can only view his threads he started regarding the fooked up disaster project bttf bag....

On a side note.... has cavx ever stated he would at least send you a new tube at any point?... i realize a refund is the best option here and one i would prefer too tbh considering whats happened.

On a side note.... has cavx ever stated he would at least send you a new tube at any point?... i realize a refund is the best option here and one i would prefer too tbh considering whats happened.

All I've heard form him, after his months of radio silence, was this tiny sentence at the end of his last (and lengthy) post here on Oct 8th:

I can't give a time frame as to when this will all be done because when I started this project, I was working for myself. And I am back at work. My next day off is Thursday.

So I wouldn't put much faith in that. I want nothing to do with this prop or him. Judging by how he's lying in that DM with the other prop maker (saying that I damaged the prop myself) he's untrustworthy to say the least.

All I've heard form him, after his months of radio silence, was this tiny sentence at the end of his last (and lengthy) post here on Oct 8th:

So I wouldn't put much faith in that. I want nothing to do with this prop or him. Judging by how he's lying in that DM with the other prop maker (saying that I damaged the prop myself) he's untrustworthy to say the least.

Ok good luck!

Well, I’ve given cavx the benefit of the doubt for as long as I can, and since I don’t have a bag either, I feel like I need to come forward with my own story as well...

I was next in line to receive a tube bag. I sent cavx $350 spread over two separate PayPal payments in August and September of 2018. Then I waited, assuming that cavx was hard at work on perfecting these bags.

When mattgomeryburns came forward with his story, I reached out to cavx to inquire about my tube bag, as I expected there would be a delay stemming from cavx having to make him a replacement. I also expressed my concerns about the project overall, especially regarding how long it was taking. This was his response, sent on September 20:

“Yeah I've seen his post. Interesting how he only posted the points he thought might help him.
There is a heap more than what he posted.

Your bag goes to you, not him.

His lids took several weeks to get right, then he supposidly let's them get thrown out. That makes no sense to me. He expressed no concern about compensation from the postal service and Infact, sides with them saying he thought it was not packed well enough. So I'm actually wondering who broke it. Them or him.
I'm not going to disclose his other comments but it does make me wonder.
Because he never made an attempt to recover his property makes me think he didn't actually want it.

So why a year? Apart from inventing a new way to make stuff and depleting my saving, I have taken on a day job over the past year to recoup funds I poured into this project. I work up-to 10 hour days which don't leave much time to get work done on this, but I have continued to plod along.

As for the 3D printer. It was my father's day gift. You set it up and let it run. It can run whilst I am asleep or at work.

Unfortunately the vacuum former needs an operator full time. It is loud and dangerous, so I am not going to make parts after work. It has to be used on my days off and can't be used when it is raining outside.

There is so much more to the conversation between me at Matt, yet I noticed he only posted the parts that make me look bad.

That is OK. His comment on the printer just confirms he is not a maker and has no idea what creativity is about. He just buys a product.

As I said, there is so much more to this. All he will succeed in doing is getting me banned from the RPF.

It won't fix this issue.

Mark.”

In our talks, I did my best to try not to take a side as I didn’t want to become embroiled in their feud. I did think it was strange that Matt didn’t get his parts back (and I can’t speak for his efforts to do so), but I did convey to cavx that it was possible that USPS confiscated the parts thinking it was a bootleg Nike product. I also did mention to him that it would basically be his word against Matt’s on the RPF, and how the long periods between update posts was likely to make people (like myself) lose confidence in the project.

On September 22, he sent me a picture of a tube bag that he was going to send to me, but he was not happy with the gap between the handles — and neither was I:

IMG_4564.jpg

My next bag inquiry came on October 9, at which time he told me he would be arranging a refund for me, and that he would be canceling the run — which he never formally announced to the RPF.

IMG_4566.png

He asked for proof of my two PayPal payments, which I thought was odd. As the administrator of this project, I would have expected him to keep better records. Nevertheless, I forwarded him the two emails from when I paid him last year. I also got the following explanation:

“It is very complicated and all the people hammering me on forum seem to have completely missed the point.
A lot changed for me over the past 12 months and why this dragged out as long as it has. But in the end, I have created a system that allowed these to be made and I don't see anyone making these from plastic any time soon.

The part that annoys me is that I sent Matt's bag with full insurance. He was supposed to chase it down at his end and it seems, he just let it go. Now I am expected to give him a full refund.”

He expressed further anger at Matt’s handling of the situation, and as before, I did my best to try and see the situation from both sides. Having never had to make an insurance claim with the USPS, I’m unfamiliar with their practices, but I did say that I thought it was odd that the USPS kept the parts. Again, this might have been confiscation of a “bootleg” Nike product, but cavx continued to express his anger of Matt’s failure to retrieve the parts back and how it was apparently painting a negative picture of him here.

At this point, I just wanted my money back and to simply move on.

On October 12, I was told “soon” when I asked about my refund. On October 27, I asked again and was told by cavx that he was owed $1,000 and that as soon as he got paid, he would send me some money. On November 15, I insisted that I be repaid, as I now want to use the refund to help with some upcoming wedding expenses. The message was viewed by him on November 21, and he has yet to reply.

While I do believe that cavx entered into this project with the best of intentions, I do not feel it has been administered well. Out of respect for Mark, I waited as long as I could to post this, but having never received a finished bag and after weeks of being promised a refund that has yet to arrive, I felt compelled to tell my story too. I don’t expect to see that money again at this stage, and it goes without saying that I no longer have any confidence in this project, or in cavx to make good on his promises.

At least Matt got some parts of a bag. All I got for my $350 was excuses.

Well, I’ve given cavx the benefit of the doubt for as long as I can, and since I don’t have a bag either, I feel like I need to come forward with my own story as well...

I was next in line to receive a tube bag. I sent cavx $350 spread over two separate PayPal payments in August and September of 2018. Then I waited, assuming that cavx was hard at work on perfecting these bags.

When mattgomeryburns came forward with his story, I reached out to cavx to inquire about my tube bag, as I expected there would be a delay stemming from cavx having to make him a replacement. I also expressed my concerns about the project overall, especially regarding how long it was taking. This was his response, sent on September 20:

“Yeah I've seen his post. Interesting how he only posted the points he thought might help him.
There is a heap more than what he posted.

Your bag goes to you, not him.

His lids took several weeks to get right, then he supposidly let's them get thrown out. That makes no sense to me. He expressed no concern about compensation from the postal service and Infact, sides with them saying he thought it was not packed well enough. So I'm actually wondering who broke it. Them or him.
I'm not going to disclose his other comments but it does make me wonder.
Because he never made an attempt to recover his property makes me think he didn't actually want it.

So why a year? Apart from inventing a new way to make stuff and depleting my saving, I have taken on a day job over the past year to recoup funds I poured into this project. I work up-to 10 hour days which don't leave much time to get work done on this, but I have continued to plod along.

As for the 3D printer. It was my father's day gift. You set it up and let it run. It can run whilst I am asleep or at work.

Unfortunately the vacuum former needs an operator full time. It is loud and dangerous, so I am not going to make parts after work. It has to be used on my days off and can't be used when it is raining outside.

There is so much more to the conversation between me at Matt, yet I noticed he only posted the parts that make me look bad.

That is OK. His comment on the printer just confirms he is not a maker and has no idea what creativity is about. He just buys a product.

As I said, there is so much more to this. All he will succeed in doing is getting me banned from the RPF.

It won't fix this issue.

Mark.”

In our talks, I did my best to try not to take a side as I didn’t want to become embroiled in their feud. I did think it was strange that Matt didn’t get his parts back (and I can’t speak for his efforts to do so), but I did convey to cavx that it was possible that USPS confiscated the parts thinking it was a bootleg Nike product. I also did mention to him that it would basically be his word against Matt’s on the RPF, and how the long periods between update posts was likely to make people (like myself) lose confidence in the project.

On September 22, he sent me a picture of a tube bag that he was going to send to me, but he was not happy with the gap between the handles — and neither was I:

View attachment 1087022

My next bag inquiry came on October 9, at which time he told me he would be arranging a refund for me, and that he would be canceling the run — which he never formally announced to the RPF.

View attachment 1087057

He asked for proof of my two PayPal payments, which I thought was odd. As the administrator of this project, I would have expected him to keep better records. Nevertheless, I forwarded him the two emails from when I paid him last year. I also got the following explanation:

“It is very complicated and all the people hammering me on forum seem to have completely missed the point.
A lot changed for me over the past 12 months and why this dragged out as long as it has. But in the end, I have created a system that allowed these to be made and I don't see anyone making these from plastic any time soon.

The part that annoys me is that I sent Matt's bag with full insurance. He was supposed to chase it down at his end and it seems, he just let it go. Now I am expected to give him a full refund.”

He expressed further anger at Matt’s handling of the situation, and as before, I did my best to try and see the situation from both sides. Having never had to make an insurance claim with the USPS, I’m unfamiliar with their practices, but I did say that I thought it was odd that the USPS kept the parts. Again, this might have been confiscation of a “bootleg” Nike product, but cavx continued to express his anger of Matt’s failure to retrieve the parts back and how it was apparently painting a negative picture of him here.

At this point, I just wanted my money back and to simply move on.

On October 12, I was told “soon” when I asked about my refund. On October 27, I asked again and was told by cavx that he was owed $1,000 and that as soon as he got paid, he would send me some money. On November 15, I insisted that I be repaid, as I now want to use the refund to help with some upcoming wedding expenses. The message was viewed by him on November 21, and he has yet to reply.

While I do believe that cavx entered into this project with the best of intentions, I do not feel it has been administered well. Out of respect for Mark, I waited as long as I could to post this, but having never received a finished bag and after weeks of being promised a refund that has yet to arrive, I felt compelled to tell my story too. I don’t expect to see that money again at this stage, and it goes without saying that I no longer have any confidence in this project, or in cavx to make good on his promises.

At least Matt got some parts of a bag. All I got for my $350 was excuses.
Man sorry to hear you go through this too. And it made me shudder to see another fruit box in that pic! *****!

I love how he says there's another side that I'm hiding. Yet he's never come forward with his secret evidence. I'm happy to post our entire facebook chat history here (although I doubt anyone wants to read it).

Sounds like we have an SD Studios situation on our hands here.

“The part that annoys me is that I sent Matt's bag with full insurance. He was supposed to chase it down at his end and it seems, he just let it go. Now I am expected to give him a full refund.”

”Having never had to make an insurance claim with the USPS, I’m unfamiliar with their practices, but I did say that I thought it was odd that the USPS kept the parts.”

I have dealt with numerous USPS claims when I had an online business and I can say that full insurance does NOT guarantee a refund. The point of them taking the item and inspecting it, is for them to determine if the fault of damage is their own. If they see lack of proper packaging and packing material, they will deny the claim because they will not see the damage as their fault. And in this case, it was not their fault... it was poor packaging.

And as far as returning the broken items, they are supposed to, but they do not always do that. If they take your item and pay the claim, they keep the item and destroy it. They feel it is their property, but if you get denied, they are supposed to give it back. That being said, I might have got 50% of claims back. The rest went missing. I called a few times and they just claimed it disappeared, but I did reach one guy who told me it was broken and probably treated like junk and thrown out. Flat out.... the Postal service doesn’t care. So to say it wasn’t returned is not a stretch by any means. And to say Matt is irresponsible for not hunting it down is just BS and an attempt to deflect that his initial packaging was the catalyst for this entire debacle. Matt can call USPS all day, and there could still be no resolution.

I just want my money back at this point. I don’t even care about the tube bag at this stage.

This might also be the last time I invest in any sort of DIY prop replication project. Sometimes these work out, but this is the third time one of these has gone south for me. From the two fully lenticular hover board replicas that fell through (one of which resulted in me having to file a claim with the credit card company), and now this, over which I have no recourse because it’s well past PayPal’s claim period. There are a handful of reputable producers here on the RPF I would feel comfortable buying from, but unless something like this is produced by one of them in the future, then I’m just done.

Those fruit box lids that barely fit around the bag...yikes! Just can't believe someone would ship something like that. For a $400 part, you have to be willing to invest $10 in packing as insurance to protect it.

To be honest, I don't think you can reason with someone with judgement this flawed. He'll never believe he's at fault. He's in his own world, a world where he's the victim, and fruit box lids are a good way to pack something.

Matt can call USPS all day, and there could still be no resolution.

The only resolution is a full refund from the manufacturer and that is as clear as Elvis is dead, postal services should not even come into any conversation regarding whats happened here especially if the seller/manufacturer (cavx) chooses his own couriers for his paid for product the end client has paid for in full !

Manufacturer produces product:
Client buys product:
Manufacturer accepts payment and sends product: (A)
Client receives product (undamaged) (B)
Happy days

Or obviously not:-(

The only thing that can deviate from the above and put the client on the line with a damaged product is if the client chooses there own courier services... this has not happened here....

Manufacturers cannot blame couriers of their own choice and leave the end client to pick up the pieces.. that is just disgusting in business terms.

Everyone should also get past this courier and packaging crap, it just deviates away from what has actually happened , yes it was really bad packaging but nobody should loose sight of the fact that this is a deal gone badly sour between the tube man manufacturer and mattgomeryburns and at least one more unfortunate member it appears.. A to B has not happened...what happened in between a and b is not the clients prerogative.

On a side note, in the uk you can make a county claim for even the smallest amounts in small claim courts, even unpaid taxi drivers of 10 dollars have rights to claim...of course i realize we are talking about claimants from different countries and possibly different laws to the uk.

To be honest, I don't think you can reason with someone with judgement this flawed. He'll never believe he's at fault. He's in his own world, a world where he's the victim, and fruit box lids are a good way to pack something.

This is exactly how I’ve been looking at it.

Oh looks like he popped by on Monday. Did anyone get to say hi? :p
4F03380F-C2E2-4640-95A6-41F0C69A2970.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back