Deprecated Nike FOOTWEAR Tube Bag (seller banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he said when the postal service took them for the insurance investigation, they never returned them. That happens a lot. I had this happen to me before and when I called to see if I could at least get my broken item back to salvage anything from the debacle, they claimed they couldn’t find it and it was misplaced.
Yup, this was the case Roland
I just got a glazed over look after I waited in the lobby for 15 mins.

That's even more sad. I find it odd that they asked you to send them your damaged shipment. Is this common practice in America? I had a few insurance claims after receiving damaged goods, but I was never asked for sending them the goods. They always wanted just pictures of the goods, the shipping box and the shipping label.

I hope this whole issue ends up well for you.

That's even more sad. I find it odd that they asked you to send them your damaged shipment. Is this common practice in America? I had a few insurance claims after receiving damaged goods, but I was never asked for sending them the goods. They always wanted just pictures of the goods, the shipping box and the shipping label.

I hope this whole issue ends up well for you.
Here is America, they ask that you keep the item with all packaging material for inspection. They then pick it up and they will "investigate"... meaning they will look over the box, material of the item and the packing material to determin if it was adequate packaging to ship it safely. I their eyes, if they pay out the claim, they own the item now... unfortunately they often feel they own it AFTER they deny the claim and they chuck it in the trash.

Hi cavx

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 10.55.18 PM.png

MattgomeryBurns really sorry to read this about your Nike bag! I always remember you being so excited from the start and you did everything to support this project! Really hope you can sort something out with Cavx!
Thanks. It sucks. But I think the ship has sailed with him. He was on the forum again this morning. He’s a terrible person.

So over the past year, I have taken on a full time job. Why? Because I needed to get my finances back up. I didn't actually want a full time job, rather just a few days a week, but sometimes you take what you can get. This job is mainly 10 hour days, so I have plugged along when I can. I'm not going to operate this thing at night and I can't run it on rainy days due to the fact that there is 240v involved. Why did I not post? For those that have followed me over the years, I have always documented wins and fails. If you don't fail, you don't really learn. But fail after fail was wearing me down and it was easier to not post.

It is easy to sit back and say I didn't need to spend as much as I did, but let me tell you now, all those videos on YouTube where people vacuum form parts from less than 1mm HIPS and celebrate like they are Master's of the universe, are in no way even close to what I am doing. They use ovens in their homes to heat sheets of plastic about A4 size. The parts I am making won't even fit in an oven! So in the end, I went gas which has to be used outside. No electric system was generating the heat needed over the area needed.

There are three elements of making this process work -

1. Heat
2. Seal
3. Suction

If any one is not at 100 percent, the whole thing fails. And so often over this last year, it seemed that I just could not get all three aligned.

I'm current working in 3mm plastic. My first versions were made from 4.5mm.

Why thick plastic?

Because vacuum forming stretches plastic thin. When people think of vacuum forming, they probably think of stormtrooper armour or coffee cup lids. But this is not stormtrooper armour or a coffee cup lid. It has tight tolerances and moving parts.

If these bags are not that hard, why am I the first person to make one from plastic? Why did those who made this prop before me use card board tube?

Because thermoforming plastic to make parts of this size is not easy! Have I bit off more than I can chew? Probably.

Originally I had that master part of the end caps turned on metal so I had a perfect part to mold and cast. Fibre glass was not working for me and it was actually the glass supplier that suggested vacuum forming would be a better solution.

So after a year of full time work, I took 2 weeks off and I did manage to get the former working again.

I have also reworked the broken parts of Matt's bag. But now I have to make him a new pair of lids as well.

Yes I am annoyed that lids were disposed of. It was not their property to throw out.
They are not easy to make. These are not found items.

I can't give a time frame as to when this will all be done because when I started this project, I was working for myself. And I am back at work. My next day off is Thursday.

I think you meant to say this.

Matt, I am so sorry this happen and honestly I have no excuse for ignoring you for almost a year. I've refunded the money and you have my most heartfelt apologies. A lot has changed in my life and while this is no excuse please know it was never my intention to rip anyone off, life just kinda got away from me and I made some mistakes this being one of them. I tried to cheap out on shipping and sent the item unprotected something I will correct for all future orders. Also with that said I'm working on a replacement for you free of charge it will take me a few months to complete as I'm now working full time.

But instead you said, nothing in regards to the issues or owning your mistakes and just made excuses. Look I know I'm new here but I've been building props for many years and I've lost packages have them damaged etc and never once have I handled it as poorly as you did. In the end the customer does not care about your problems, fix the issue or stop selling. I was considering buying from you but after this lack luster response I'll keep my money and spend it with a prop maker who actually cares about it's customers.. I say good day to you sir! Good day!

Wow, just wow. In addition to the other members' comments above, I'm curious how you were ever going to pull this run off if it takes over a year to make each set of lids?

That being said, your silence speaks volumes. I still don't see a logical explanation for your radio silence. You're only responding now because I had to call you out publicly.

I'm happy to hear you got a full time job. You can now afford to send me a full refund. I have no desire to play the waiting game with you.

Jedifyfe Moviefreak all of this comedy is almost worth the $400 price of admission. Kinda reminds me of those stories of guys going through a divorce and they “retire” so they don’t have to pay their wife alimony.

Fibre glass was not working for me and it was actually the glass supplier that suggested vacuum forming would be a better solution.

I guarantee you that figuring out why fiberglass "wasn't working for you" would have been 10,000 times simpler and less expensive than building a vacuuforming rig and trouble shooting that. And even if you got the vacuuforming to work, I'm gonna be honest and point out that the parts made from your vacuuforming look noticeably softer than the actual bag parts due to the loss of detail/sharpness that often accompanies vacuuforming. Why go with a more expensive/troublesome process to create the bags, when this process yields worse results?

You still have your designs for each part. If you believe in your designs, I would invest in getting good masters either 3D-printed, formed, or machined from a non- metal media like this: Product Overview at Freeman Mfg. & Supply Co of which is less expensive than machining masters from solid metal. Then figure out how to get them molded and made using fiberglass.

WOW, just wow. I was sent this instagram conversation between cavx and another prop maker (who I'm keeping anonymous). The lack of integrity and callousness by Mark is astounding. He's now claiming that *I* smashed the bag upon receiving it! Good Lord, this takes things to a whole other. (btw I appreciate the prop maker backing me up).

IMG_9819.JPG

IMG_9820.JPG

Clearly there's no logic going on with Mark. Why would he risk his reputation over this? To save $400 when he's into this project $7k? This is ******* crazy.

WOW this is crazy. So sorry your bag arrived that way!

I've shipped lots of international packages. Some very large and heavy.
You ALWAYS need a bigger box than the item and TONS of padding.
(Bubble wrap, foam, peanuts, airbags, etc.)

Bigger box size so the item isn't damaged, if the box gets dented.
Padding. Well that is cushion AND prevents item from rattling around.

I've made a couple make-shift boxes before but that Nike bag was NOT packed correctly at all.

WOW, just wow. I was sent this instagram conversation between cavx and another prop maker (who I'm keeping anonymous). The lack of integrity and callousness by Mark is astounding. He's now claiming that *I* smashed the bag upon receiving it! Good Lord, this takes things to a whole other. (btw I appreciate the prop maker backing me up).

Clearly there's no logic going on with Mark. Why would he risk his reputation over this? To save $400 when he's into this project $7k? This is ******* crazy.

Why on planet earth would anyone smash up a long awaited prop upon arrival? Prop collectors want nothing more than seeing there long awaited item they have paid for arrive in front of their eyes in amazement..

cavx matey.. you need to reimburse MattgomeryBurns asap..... getting silly this dont you think ?

The way i see this, and this will obviously differ from country to country and also peoples opinions...anyway,,, if a seller/company sells a product then it is that companys prerogative to ensure that a product is delivered undamaged and as per described to the client, if the company,s choice of delivery service fails then the client should have no involvement at all in the compensation argument process between delivery agent and seller..apart from maybe free will on yes here is photos etc... it does not matter if a shipping company has failed in this instance,it is between the delivery agent and the seller NOT the end client...end of... However if the client chooses/ demands their own shipping/courier or postal methods then this client could then of course be deemed liable.. i believe this it not the case with MattgomereyBurns situation? from what i have read anyway.

Bit barmy this...Consumer is important here ... not the seller who is apparantly $$$ in debt.

Do the right thing and refund this person... then build a new tube and reputation/ maybe all can be good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back