Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update from my end of this, I just finished a new mold for the Tie armature, the metal resin hybrid. It's an important mold for Steve to have to go forward. I am going to run a couple off to satisfy a couple of the outstanding hull sets that i am helping out on. It's has taken a bit longer for me to get to this stuff because all of my contributions need to be made on "buddy" or "favor" time and i am pretty busy with my own projects at the moment.

Once i run off a couple i am going to forward this brand new mold off to Steve so he can continue to satisfy and outstanding stuff and get ready for a new Tie run, I don't think anyone is more anxious to get Ties rolling again than Steve.

Steve, did you take note of my change of address I PM'ed you (and Mike, and Dave) late last year ? PM me to confirm you have the right one.

Hope you can find time to work on the SS Snowspeeder....You can find my contact on your PM 5years and counting...

Steve contacted me and he would take care of things for me. Thanks Steve! Look forward to closing our deal :) Would report here when it is completed.

Last edited:
Viceland, Steve Got your addy, EP hull ships Weds, need email addy for tracking.

- - - Updated - - -

Falk TIE wings go out Weds.

- - - Updated - - -

Post here if you don't get your tracking info by Weds evening.

Viceland, Steve Got your addy, EP hull ships Weds, need email addy for tracking.

- - - Updated - - -

Falk TIE wings go out Weds.

- - - Updated - - -

Post here if you don't get your tracking info by Weds evening.

Cool, does that mean I can expect my TIE wings sometime in the near future?

Ok Here's the tracking for both packages..

Falk (Hero TIE wing Stars , end cap and 24 detail brackets) USPS CV 032 254 488 US

Viceland (replacement 1st run EP Hull and hull casting replacement parts optional) USPS CV 032 252 840 US

The Post Office was packed and super busy! When I handed the The pre-printed shipping boxes to the post dude he said be patient on tracking they will update info throughout the day. These boxes were delivered to the post office at 3:30pm mountain time the 18th.

Kjager - Snow Speeder taken care of.. you acknowledged via PM.

John waiting on your call ref the TIE wings. Please call want to get them out this week.

Starting full TIE kit casting over the holidays so those waiting on TIE kits will soon be satisfied! Fresh revised patterns and new molds = clean crisp castings! Thanks for hanging in there.. hope to have all remaining owed shipped by the 1st!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays guys!

Steve - my cell access is terrible at the moment - can you let me know if you got my last text - wanna get the final parts printed ;) Thanks man!

Got it Willie! I'm working on it! Cant wait to see the new printed pieces!

JLinNY Your item has shipped USPS Priority mail 9405 9036 9930 0323 1645 61 thanks John for letting me take care of this for you! Again sorry it took so long!

Talked to Steve today and it was a pleasure! This is a really nice guy who cares about what he does. I know some thing have dragged on for a long time, but in the end Steve came through. I am very satisfied and would buy from him again. And I will.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it Willie! I'm working on it! Cant wait to see the new printed pieces!

JLinNY Your item has shipped USPS Priority mail 9405 9036 9930 0323 1645 61 thanks John for letting me take care of this for you! Again sorry it took so long!

No problem Steve thanks. It was a pleasure talking to you man.

Ok, just to clarify, are these kits ready to go?
In the UK and looking at putting in a big order. Can I go ahead or is it too early still?

Yorkie Fett,
the kits or kitparts Steve is sending out (or not ?) are from orders years and years back !
Just read the whole story and you can decide if you really want to order anything from Steve.
I don't think Steve is working on any NEW orders at the moment.

Yorkie Fett,
the kits or kitparts Steve is sending out (or not ?) are from orders years and years back !
Just read the whole story and you can decide if you really want to order anything from Steve.
I don't think Steve is working on any NEW orders at the moment.

Thanks for that. Read the story and understand he's sorting outstanding orders.
Was confused by a previous post saying he's back(?) selling kits and had the full range on offer.
Does this mean he isn't taking on new orders?

Steve if you read this,..??
I see you are almost done taking care of your outstanding orders.
Please do remember mine.
esb AT-ST missing parts&larger esb AT-ST legg
set.
I am also still waiting patiently for 2 missing Red Jammer y-wing.parts which i think mike salzo was taking care of.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
Carl

Not sure about the sending out (or Not) comment... its very clear i'm taking care of owed kits. Not sure it were necessary El loco but I do appreciate your input. Yorkie I'm finishing a few of the last owed kits here and once that is done.. All my kits will be available again very soon. Just concentrating to get this list done.

- - - Updated - - -

Carl email me the details on the ATST missing parts and larger legs that was for the ROTJ version.... will get you squared away.... email me sneisen@bresnan.net Red Jammer parts indeed Mike.. I never had molds for that kit.

Steve
i think given the history it might be fairer to send the kits to people and then they can check all parts are there then they pay you
trust is important and maybe you should trust others for awhile rather them paying and having to wait for years or have to wait for missing parts

Maybe if your the one waiting on payment you may get the missing parts/ kits out to them quicker ( this is not said to be rude, I actually do think you would get them out quicker)
i actually think you would make more sales this way given the past history.........even though I would like some of your kits that's the only way I think I would buy them.

Not being rude just and idea

Last edited:
Gans, thanks for the message. I appreciate all the help I can get trust me. Yeah i do offer that exact arrangement for folks that have ordered from me before.... but I would not do that for someone I don't know. That's why in the future I will only do transactions through Paypal and Ebay because they have buyer protection and each kit is officially invoiced. If the Kit doesn't deliver for what ever reason the customer gets their money back. I don't do pre pay kit runs anymore either so I do not foresee being behind again to the magnitude of what happened here. As far as not ordering from me... I do understand. I made the bed and have to sleep in it. I respect everyone's decision on the matter. Once I'm done with these last few things.. sale by sale... kit by kit.. I'll be OK. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Steve
i think given the history it might be fairer to send the kits to people and then they can check all parts are there then they pay you
trust is important and maybe you should trust others for awhile rather them paying and having to wait for years or have to wait for missing parts

Maybe if your the one waiting on payment you may get the missing parts/ kits out to them quicker ( this is not said to be rude, I actually do think you would get them out quicker)
i actually think you would make more sales this way given the past history.........even though I would like some of your kits that's the only way I think I would buy them.

Not being rude just and idea

7 Years and 10 months... and going straight to the Junkyard* (for the warped pod, that's literally). *Nevermind that, forgot the Junkyard was now for premium members only.

Edit: If you can see the attached pictures below - received a new perfect hull (grey) from Steve, as replacement for the old warped hull (beige); took 7 years 10 months.

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

Seeing as everyone and their neighbor is giving you advice, I think I earned enough patience-points to add mine to the mix:

You'll have every right to feel some to sense of accomplishment once you're done with the owed kits, but don't come out of this feeling proud and relieved - your ways made A LOT of people feel A LOT of grief these past years. I think you're the type that needs constant pressure to perform - pressure like this thread; everyone can see you getting back on track, and I think it has a lot to do with it. You can't slack off once you're done here, you need to keep the pressure on; you have a chance to evolve this from a "public/social shaming type pressure" to a "goal setting accountability type pressure". Your goal should be to continue adopting good business practices, and to never ever ever slip back to your old ways. Transparency, and making yourself accountable, publicly, is key. Start a new thread, with a link to this one; call it something along the lines of "Nice-N Model Design's Accountability Buddies"; but use it not so much as a place to report, explain, and justify hold-ups and delays - I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure am tired of those from you. Instead, use RPF members and customers as your public support group to motivate you to stay efficient in your business dealings and to keep you from falling short of your goals. State your goals publicly in that thread, announce new kit projects, delivery dates, sales and shipments made, etc.; let everyone SEE what you're doing, and how you're doing it all efficiently and transparently. Beyond the real need to address an issue, don't give any more excuses - focus on what you will do to improve or do to make things right, and say it publicly. E.g., you're late on a production delivery date you announced here? Accept you will be "reminded" in the thread; own up to the fact and thank them; propose a plan to make up for the lateness and what you will do to prevent it from happening again (hire temp help, work more hours, work less projects simultaneously, revisit delivery dates, keep a production/project calendar to prevent over-tasking yourself, etc.), then do it.

Your last few posts in December, those where you give updates and make your commitments and good practice statements public; keep doing that, for every project/deadline/sale/shipment, but in more details, for as long as you're in business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back