Next Predator Costume

AlienatedPredator

This is an undermask I made out of a bicycle helmet, foamies, and upolstery foam.

predatorcostumepics001fh2.jpg predatorcostumepics002ar8.jpg predatorcostumepics004vu5.jpg predatorcostumepics003sq9.jpg

I am going to get some dreads sometime this week and Im going to get a bio for christmas. I am also going to put on a few more coats of brown spray paint on the foam part because of the white spots.

lol.....just to confirm...it IS oil....and it may effect your paintjob......and if you are coating it with resin, the resin might not be able to penetrate the cardboard and may result in a weak spot that will crack easily.
Another thing to be carefull of is using fire retardent upholstery foam next to your skin as the fire retardent stuff tends to be cyanide based and your skin might absorb it........so best to try and cover it with something......or make sure you use the non fire retardent stuff.
Good luck with your project.

yeah it is oil

The paint may not attach to that spot.
lol.....just to confirm...it IS oil....and it may effect your paintjob......and if you are coating it with resin, the resin might not be able to penetrate the cardboard and may result in a weak spot that will crack easily.
Another thing to be carefull of is using fire retardent upholstery foam next to your skin as the fire retardent stuff tends to be cyanide based and your skin might absorb it........so best to try and cover it with something......or make sure you use the non fire retardent stuff.
Good luck with your project.
Ok, well I wasn't going to paint the cardboard anyway. I put the fiberglass resin and mat over it and it came out great :lol: . No weak spots. The "oil" did not effect anything. I drimmeled out the stuff I didn't need and all I have to do is paint it. The foam I used is non fire retardent. I will have pics up later tonight once I'm done.

Update- Made Blade Gauntlet, going to make blades tomorrow.
PredatorCostumePics012.jpg

PredatorCostumePics013.jpg

PredatorCostumePics014.jpg

Update- Added details to gauntlet and added mesh to the predator bio.
PredatorCostumePics015.jpg

PredatorCostumePics016.jpg

PredatorCostumePics017.jpg

PredatorCostumePics018.jpg

I'm workin on the blades. I'm making them out of cardboard and foamies, then I'm gonna go over them with fiberglass to strengthen them. :lol:

I added some dreads to the undermask, tomorrow I'll add some more, and get some velcro or magnets for the bio to attach to. Also I made a bone necklace.

PICS
PredatorCostumePics020.jpg

PredatorCostumePics021.jpg

PredatorCostumePics019.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back