Interest Newt Scamander's Boots from Fantastic Beasts. (New prototype Oct 27, 2018)

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In maybe two weeks I should have a completed sample pair of boots built to look like the ones Newt wears in Fantastic Beasts. The goal is to match the pattern, the shape, the eyelets and speed lacing, the wrap around cuff, the double straps/buckles, everything. Even that weird little bit on the back outside part of the shoe I can't 100% identify, I am having them make what it looks like it is until I find an actual clear picture of it.

So this is the interest thread. Price will likely be about $215 for a pair plus shipping. Currently looking at an unlimited number possible, but limited time (nothing set yet, but I hope to place an order about a couple weeks after receiving the sample).

boots 1.jpg

View attachment Boot Outline.jpg
That's a simplified line drawing of what design I'm going with. If anyone things there are specific changes to it I should make, let me know. Note that most stitching is not shown on there.

If anyone can provide me with a CLEAR shot of what is happening here:
mystery.jpg
I will not only adapt the pattern to match it, but I will send you a pair of these boots free (assuming of course that my manufacturer is any good).

Interested:
1. hpwhitewizard
2. joshspiderman23
3. Belladonna
4. Talsiri
5. memberseven

Last edited:
Re: Newt Scamander's Boots from Fantastic Beasts.

Design update: that thing on the back I believe is 6 leather laces running through eyelets. Deal still stands on a truly clear shot of them, though.

Back Laces.jpg

I have some pics of the screen used ones from the Harry Potter celebration in Orlando, I could not get that upper part though as they had the pants over the boots but I'll post the pics I have in a bit.

IMG_6874.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Might be able to grab some hi-def screens of the movie later tonight I'll see if their is a good angle of the boots

Attachments

• IMG_6902.JPG
    IMG_6902.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6901.JPG
    IMG_6901.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6900.JPG
    IMG_6900.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_6899.JPG
    IMG_6899.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_6898.JPG
    IMG_6898.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_6897.JPG
    IMG_6897.JPG
    498.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_6896.JPG
    IMG_6896.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_6871.JPG
    IMG_6871.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6870.JPG
    IMG_6870.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 235

View attachment 702560

- - - Updated - - -

Might be able to grab some hi-def screens of the movie later tonight I'll see if their is a good angle of the boots

How high of resolution is the copy of the movie you have? If it's like blue ray quality, there are three spots in the movie that I think will be the most useful.

its a 1080p source

Well it's probably about the same resolution of some of the... questionable sources I've been looking at. Which is a 4+ gig file, but still nowhere near blue ray quality. But if you find anything good, let me know!

will you be making more boots in the future? I'd be interested but I can't afford them now

I was under the impression that a pair would be complete by now (I have two companies making samples) but hey, things happen. But both companies are making progress. Here's one of the shots of the pattern laid out on the leather (which will have the color changed if I decide it's not right).

Pattern Process.jpg

Jitterbug Boy Footwear is the real makers of the shoes, and they don't do private commissions. For the price range of this run, count me very interested. Here's a great photo of the boots, provided by Jitterbug Boy on their website. Hopefully it helps

newtboots.jpg

Jitterbug Boy Footwear is the real makers of the shoes, and they don't do private commissions. For the price range of this run, count me very interested. Here's a great photo of the boots, provided by Jitterbug Boy on their website. Hopefully it helps

View attachment 710018
Huh, those absolutely seem to be the boots, although that means a different show company lied about being the ones to make them. And I'm simultaneously mad I never found that photo AND super proud of how well I figured out the design based on what I had.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back