Newbie in collecting with some doubts about buying

Prop Store

Thorsten

Hello from Germany!

I have to say that it seems to be a little bit late for me becoming a Mad Men fanatic. I have just discovered this great series and would love to have some props from it. How I wish do know about it earlier and to take part in that big auction some years ago.

After some internet research I have found "Screenbid" who seems to sell official Mad Men studio props in the past and now. But I have some doubts about them and what they are selling at the moment.

For example this item: Don's Vintage 1968 TIMEX Electic Dynabeat Timepiece

It is hard to find it on screen or any infos about it on the internet (the watch looks different). But I have found this and it shocked me:

Ebay 1968 TIMEX Watch

There are the same pictures and it looks like the exact watch !?!

Is Screenbid legit or do they sell no official props anymore? I mean everyone can write a COA today.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my horrible English

Take care
Thorsten

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TraumaCaspian

Screenbid is legit, they usually have deals with certain movies/shows and once it's done filming they buy everything from it and list it on their website for people to bid on it. I know Prop Store currently has a couple of pieces from Mad Men as well on their website.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store