New tool - the Powerfile

XRobots

I just got this today in the hope that it will help me get my Iron Man legs and other pieces smooth. I already have a bench belt sander but it's quite wide which makes it hard to do contours. The Powerfile has a 13mm (1/2") belt, so it should be easier to move over curves etc.

I've also be using a large drum sander in a drill which is good for the edges of the pieces, and a standard orbital sander, although I was considering putting a hard plate under the paper on that to get things flatter where appropriate - currently the sanding pad is foam.

Some pics (I think it's going to rock):

powefile01.jpg

powefile02.jpg

Thanks for posting this, it's always great to see new tools appear that can make jobs easier. Come to think of it, I'll bet that thing would be good for extracting information from reluctant individuals.
What's the cost?

Thanks for posting this, it's always great to see new tools appear that can make jobs easier. Come to think of it, I'll bet that thing would be good for extracting information from reluctant individuals.
What's the cost?

I'll be using it this weekend, so I'll let you all know how it works out. You can get them in the UK for about £30 GBP if you shop around (B&Q)... not sure in the US but I guess a similar sort of cost.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back