New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

I just got my Pro Assembled version in and!..... the lights.... they don't come on.... I switch on with the battery provided, they don't come on. I get new battery, same story....

My pro is broken.... :(

There is nothing. I check both sides of the batteries, leave it on for a minute, adjust the metal connections ever so gently, nothing. The circuit board looks intact, no markings or parts that are bent out of place. No scorch marks. It's like it was never meant to be.

There is nothing. I check both sides of the batteries, leave it on for a minute, adjust the metal connections ever so gently, nothing. The circuit board looks intact, no markings or parts that are bent out of place. No scorch marks. It's like it was never meant to be.

Sent you a PM.

Moviefreak, would You please be so kind checking if my wait list order transformed to get one from this limited the run of complete blasters?

Thank You in advance.

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mfletch80! I just finished putting my Tom Blaster together. I plan to take it apart again to blue the barrel, etc. and polish them. I also want to add a little bit of wear to it. I hope you can answer a couple questions for me. How does the trigger mechanism work? On mine, the front trigger works fine but the rear trigger will only trigger once. Then I have to reset the connection between the two triggers. Did I miss something in the assembly?

Second, how far should the slide come back when opened? Mine doesn't slide very well and I don't know how best to clean it up so it will.

Lastly, do you have any issues with the cylinder not coming out when released? This seems to be an issue when I put the bullets in the cylinder. I just can't get it fully open afterward.

Any advice or suggestions? I love this kit and am so glad to finally have one. I'm eyeing that last one on HCG if I could just raise the funds!

Thanks for any help and insight you can provide!

Eric

Hi jericos

I got my blaster as a assembled model and took it apart when I received it :)
If I remember correctly the front trigger was just on a spring but the second one worked fine and made the bulldog ammo cylinder action work I didn't try it with the brass bullets in .

As for the slide the bolt on my one only went back as far as the Allen bolt stop would let it and it was pretty easy to slide maybe you have over tightend a few bolts ? I haven't got mine back together yet as I've been waiting for some parts to be machined out of steel for it so it's still looking sad in its box .

I'm sure somewhere on here there was instructions on the trigger assembly for the original tomenosuke kits, sorry I couldn't of been anymore help goodluck with your kit such a great blaster to build and finish and the wethering is always fun too they look great with abit of wear on them :)

Have fun

Mfletch80

Looks like my situation with the lights will soon be resolved. I do have one question for those who handle this replica. Is there any means of adjusting or applying something non-intrusive or destructive that would make the side lever not flop out when it's slightly tilted?

Depending on how loose it is...you should be able to use a piece of tape wrapped around part of the bolt that remains in the receiver.
If only slightly loose, maybe some clear nail polish at the contact points. Should snug it up.

I just received my pro assembled version. It's awesome. I have a question hope someone could answer. How do I know if it has the updated 'butt plate' or do I need to request it? I got it from Hollywood Collectibles. Thanks!

I just received my pro assembled version. It's awesome. I have a question hope someone could answer. How do I know if it has the updated 'butt plate' or do I need to request it? I got it from Hollywood Collectibles. Thanks!

Is the bottom painted completely flat black?
Or is the paint slightly off center leaving one side on the bottom unpainted along the edge?

Hi everyone. First time posting here. I just ordered this from Hollywood Collectibles Group. I'm looking forward to getting it. I'm a huge Blade Runner and Back to the Future fan, but don't have a ton of props/replicas yet. I had a handmade Hoverboard for a long time, but sold that when Mattel released their version and I've got a couple other BTTF things, but mostly I collect movie related artwork. This will be my first huge purchase (Back to BTTF I also have their Marty McFly figure and Delorean on order for when they're released this and next year). I was wondering, I saw a video on Youtube where a guy has the Tomenosuke and mentions getting a display stand from a guy named Dave on the Junkyard here. It looks like clear acrylic with a Blade Runner logo laser etched into it. Did a search and couldn't really find it. Is this something that can still be purchased anywhere?

Hey, just picked one of these up from HCG. I love it, of course. I am glad they got the bolt handle so that it doesn't flop around. It only comes unlatched when I turn the thing upside down. Only downside is that when you replace the Weaver screw with the flathead, you can't screw it in all the way without hindering the cylinder. My short-term solution is to leave the flathead screw a little loose, but I would like to get it so that I can tighten it all the way(I wouldn't want it wiggling out while I was carrying it).

All-in-all, a very nice piece. Undecided on weathering it. I like Adam Savage's idea on putting the matte pieces in white vinegar to get that faded bluing look.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back