New to the forums - Ripped off by a well known costume maker

Abbernaffy

Hey guys. I'm new to these forums. I'm new to the whole site. So i'm hoping i'm not breaking any rules with this post.

Long story short I was ripped off by the costume maker Jester FX. I'm looking to warn people and get some advice on what the hell to do next. I've posted my story below

Lemme share my frustration with you.
I'm a huge daredevil fan. So when I seen that the costume maker jesterfx made s really amazing looking daredevil helmet. I had to order it!

I paid $200 I'm told that it'll be between 30-60 business days. On the 30th day I ask for an update. I'm met with a generic reply telling me that it's 30-60 days.
I wait a while and message back asking if I can find out if my order has at least been started. Dodged the question. Never answered me. I ask and ask again. And time after time my question is either dodged or told that he doesn't have the order sheet handy. Fair play. So after a while I ask him for a final update. Again in told 30-60 days. So I decide to stop asking. As this guy clearly doesn't wanna be helpful.

So I receive the mask at about 50 days roughly. And my god. I literally am fuming with anger. Soooooooo much **** ****ed up about this! Let me list this for you guys
1.shipped in a box about 1/4 too small for the helmet. It was crammed in there.
2. The mask is the complete opposite one I ask for!
3 mask is completely warped due to the tiny box it was shipped in
4. The paint app is awful
5. The paint is scuffed due to the tiny packing
6. There's a hold beneath the eye
7. It is absolutely huge
Disappointed is an understatement. It really is. I waited so long for this. And I got the worst customer service I've ever received. Completely dismissive despite the fact I spent a large amount of money with this guy.
Moral of the story. Stay away! Now let's just try get my ******** money back for this piece of crap!

jester rip off 1.jpg
jester rip off 2.jpg
jester rip off 4.jpg
jester rip off 5.jpg
jester rip off 6.jpg
ester rip off 3.jpg

jester rip off 1.jpg

jester rip off 2.jpg

jester rip off 4.jpg

jester rip off 5.jpg

jester rip off 6.jpg

ester rip off 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be that the mail company damaged your helmet, not the maker. Awful that you spent so much money and got so little in return, though.

It's tragic to say the least. On all sides, I think.

No. He crammed the helmet into a box that was about 1/4 too small for the helmet itself. So he's done it on purpose. I'm actually pretty sure he's meant to damage it and make it so ****. While in the process of making it. He didn't take kindly to me asking him for a progress update. He didn't take too kindly either to the fact that i kept pointing out to him that he kept dodging my questions about updating me on the progress. So i actually expected it to come damaged. And it did.

Soooooooo?

It's just a huge huge huge let down. This is my first time ever dealing with a prop/costume/replica maker. And it will damn well be my last.

His attitude towards me while discussing these issues very much shots just how little a crap he gives about the state he's sent this in. He's offered a replacement. But lets be honest. Would any of you guys want a replacement from him seeing as this is the quality of item he sends to first time buyers?

Looks like you bought the "daredevil who recently got his ass kicked by ninjas" version. Perhaps it is a "feature", like "battle damage"? Seriously though, that sizing, wtf happened there?

Exactly! The broken nose daredevil special.

He isn't acknowledging the issues. He's choosing to ignore them and basically copy and paste me a generic as hell reply. So yeah. The guy clearly doesnt care

sure did. I'm already on to making a claim. I need to as i gave the guy the opportunity to refund me. But he's basically too far up his own ass to care.

That helmet looks like it wouldn't fit right on any human head... Why is it so huge?! Who was it made for originally? Hodor? HAGRID?!

Most likely because he doesn't understand how to make costumes. He's made the original helmet and clearly just casted over the top of that! He's an absolute rip off merchant

I found out tonight that he actually ripped off someone else with the exact same item. They received theirs and it was in the exact same mess mines is

Im sorry man, thats super frustrating and awful, and I dont mean to be rude, cause Im not, but I couldnt help but laugh at your picture wearing it. How the hell could he think that helmet would be ok? I hope you get your money back, not all people on here are that much of a jerk.

Yeah man. Derp devil.

I spoke to him about it and he's basically acting like I'm the one being unreasonable by not wanting a replacement. Like look at this thing. Why would i give him another chance?

He's blocked me now anyway! So it's pretty much just an admission of guilt from him.

I just want people to know to avoid him. So any other places you guys could suggest to advertise this unfortunate event then id appreciate it

Did a google, 4th link down said scam and that was back in 2011. Sorry to hear that OP. Lucky for you the paypal should help you get a refund. What stage are you currently in with the pp dispute? You might have to escalate manually since a dispute is merely a red flag

So my original PayPal claim was found in his favour!

But I managed to call them and plain the situation.

They found in my favour this time! I managed to get my money back from this scammer.

They also told me that he has quite a number of claims against him!

So moral of the story is to avoid this guy at all costs it would seem!

So my original PayPal claim was found in his favour!

But I managed to call them and plain the situation.

They found in my favour this time! I managed to get my money back from this scammer.

They also told me that he has quite a number of claims against him!

So moral of the story is to avoid this guy at all costs it would seem!

Just came across this thread. What a hassle. I would also recommend calling paypal during a dispute. I had to do the same thing against Trick or Treat Studios.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back