NEW TNG Padd request!

MattMunson

Master Member
Hey gang, I'm finally getting around to painting my TNG era PADDs, but cannot seem to find any good reference for some of the smaller details. What goes in the recesses? What did the "average" screen look like? Are there silver details along the brown striping? etc.

So if anyone has any reference of screen used or made-for-production pieces, please post them here.

I'm looking for pics of the standard, 'workhorse' padd that showed up a TON in the first few seasons of TNG. Smaller in size, but pretty thick.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Reference Request: TNG era PADDs

Hey Matt if you check the Issue 3 of the Star Trek magazine,you will see some padds.

Attach some photos, not much but I hope it helps.

I used to have a ton of screencaps when I did my TNG padd, but I lost them when my hard drive crashed. They varied a bit in the brown graphics applied to the front, but the one I did was the one I found the most reference for. Yes, there were little chrome accents applied to the edges of the brown vinyl.

Not to brag, but the best reference I could give you is to look at the PADD I posted in the junkyard right now. I researched the hell out of that thing before I built it because I never found a TNG Padd replica that I was happy with.

http://star.walagata.com/w/rnags/Props/tngpadd1.jpg
http://star.walagata.com/w/rnags/Props/tngpadd2.jpg

The one that Playskool showed is a very good example of one of the more common small PADDs. Here's two caps of the same or almost exact PADD.

v44758thechase167c219.jpg

j40195redemptiontwo031r219.jpg

I've got another padd I'm working on. I saw this guy all over the place in season four, but no good clear shots. It was always sitting on a desk or something. it is roughly the same size as the padd featured in my first post.

If anyone has anything, please post it here.

Total coolness. SG, you're now my goto guy for all things padd related :)

I'm also lovin' that sketch of the unmade padd. Looks really cool. Wonder if I'd have the steam to build that one up???

If you don't mind me asking this in your topic here, is there an inexpensive way to make replica PADD's??

Even the kits that I have found are pricey. Any suggestions? Ignore me if this is out of place! ;)

I'm also lovin' that sketch of the unmade padd. Looks really cool. Wonder if I'd have the steam to build that one up???

Well, they actually did make that one. It was made for the movie Generations and was used the remainder of the 7th TNG season. Here's a couple caps from the movie and some from the final season. Unfortunately you never get a close up on the PADD itself.

u3453gen0311n219.jpg

b31753gen0312a219.jpg

t27062gen0313r219.jpg

Looks like they added a few greeblies to the TV version, at least to the back.

j25225phantasms036f219.jpg

a36549phantasms125x219.jpg

w29558phantasms221k219.jpg

z48075thepegasus294z219.jpg

n18458homeward272q219.jpg

a13204emergence272i219.jpg

Oh, by the way, the first engineering PADD you asked about had functional LEDs with a flip-flop circuit as you can see in this animation.

i20842animatepadd0nwl219.gif

Hey Matt, noticed that one of your alien PADDs from Enterprise on your blog actually showed up previously in a Voyager episode "Renaissance Man".

k50200fronth219.jpg

i480Renaissance_Man_424l219.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back