New Take on T-800 T2 Arm, Looking for some help

Yeah I figured it would be bad everything you , are seeing in front of you , is everything , I had to work with as well....the only difference , I wanted a clean version , and you are , making a battle damaged version.....JB QUICK IS YOUR BEST FRIEND , with this kit , trust me , and Mini Files for the fingers , and a hair dryer...along with a can of soup after heating the elbow big cup section , a can of soup , gets the cup rounded again.....LOL...I can't make this stuff up my friend....hahaha

Ok, well now things get confusing, as with most props. The image in my last post of the arm pulling away from the gear (blue with a red circle) only shows 1 piston and a small section of rod remaining attached to the elbow of the Terminator. Now this image I found on iCollector.com shows all 3 pistons still attached ( 2 will full bent rods, 1 with a broken rod) and is claimed to be screen used, it sold for 4k so i guess it was real. this screen shot seems to match that prop. Now I would prefer to go the the image from the pull-away that leaves more parts on the arm in the gears as it would make my display more interesting, but would that be blasphemy?
View attachment 536596View attachment 536597

How's your project coming along...?

Your observation is absolutely correct. The appliances / props used at the moment Arnold pulls away leaves just one of the primary pistons remaining in the elbow cup, but moments later - and for the remainder of the film - there are two or three pistons. As you've expressed awareness of, props and appliances vary; sometimes wildly...

I agree with your approach of leaving as many parts in the prop as possible. If you followed the "one piston remaining" shot, it'd be correct to leave two in your display which as you mentioned will be more intriguing.

If you are not using your elbow cup, I'd take it in a heartbeat for a fair price, along any of the pistons you don't use...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back