New Studio Scale X-Wing Revisited

Is this the armature that comes with the model? If not can someone tell me where to get it. It would work perfect for another project.

I tried searching but did not find much.

Thanks

Hello
I leave here a couple more pictures of our X-wings kits, were offered for sale and recently sold his RED5 rodmart´s :lol

Red-5-02.jpg

Red-5-01.jpg

Red-4-01-.jpg

Red4-02.jpg

got mine couple days ago, what can I say that hasnt been said already?

This is a fantastic kit and the quality is top notch. Glad I was able to grab one

Thanks for your words Cosmic,
we hope you enjoy building the kit and please post some pics when you are ready with it, it would be cool:cool

By armature do you mean the Panavise stand that is holding it up? If so you can get them from Amazon for about 15-20 bucks. The telescoping ones sell for around $40. The 883 comes in 6", 9, and telescoping. The 846 comes in 6" flavors.

Amazon.com: panavise 883

Is this the armature that comes with the model? If not can someone tell me where to get it. It would work perfect for another project.

I tried searching but did not find much.

Thanks

Yup... But you can get some from china that look similar on eBay for $8.00 each.

Hi jedimaster.

I've done several searches using different keywords and I haven't been able to find the Chinese product you mention. :confused

Can you tell me what search criteria I should use?

I've found a couple in Hong Kong with different length stems. Some of the seller names are:
everydaygadget
solaluna88
fitprice
uxcell

However, these may not be suitable for me as I want to use them for something that's already constructed and I'm not able open them to glue a nut inside it to hold them in place.

You can get inserts that will screw straight onto these. Just need to drill a small hole (1/4) into the model and slide it in with a bit of glue. Then just mount it. They are only a couple a bux LMK if you need em.

Thanks for the info.

Got a couple off Ebay for $8 and $5,

They work well for mounting the Hasbro X wing but I think for a very expensive SS model I would spend a little more and get the quality ones.

Probably not a good idea to mount a $1,000 model on a $5 stand.

Again they work great but spend a little more for the better quality ones like the ones in the Amazon link posted above.

Thanks again

I just would like to share my opinion on the two kits I have received 10 days ago:
- Payment through western union: It is a little time consumimng to open an account and get it cleared for a larger transaction
- packing: outstanding, super - parts are very well protected
- part breakdown: excellent - easy to assemble
- fit: great - test-fits went without the slightest problem
- details: super + some additional details not present at studio models.
- castings: top notch - among the very best I have received so far:
.. Extremely crisp, very little flesh, no part deformation and (practical) bubble free
- decals: superb
- completeness: no part missing
- communication: extreamly good - Fast replies to questions, always honest infos on the status of my order.
So my overall opinion is: An absolutely fantastic kit with a perfect customer service.
Is the kit worth the price beeing asked for?: YES
Is it worth the expense?: Everybody needs to answer that question individually. My personnal answer is: Absolutely YES.

Very impressive Kit. I'm new here and thought I'd post some pictures of a Studio Size X-Wing I saw as part of the Lucasfilm Archives exhibition shown in Melbourne,Australia, 2011. Fans here will likely identify this model immediately. It's wingspan was at least 4'.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

I hope and trust they will inspire builders and prospective kit owners here. I apologise if I have posted these in the wrong thread.

Blade

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back