New STar Wars figures from Kotobukiya coming

bothanspy

Sr Member
prototype shown here. Yes, slave Leia

[image]http://www.yakface.com/Features/toyfair06/images/kotoleia.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.yakface.com/Features/toyfair06/images/kotor2.jpg[/image]

OK so... whose hand is that on the floor there? :confused

kotoleia.jpg

Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, was that a handbag located next to slave Leia ?

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 12 2006, 09:00 AM
OK so... whose hand is that on the floor there?  :confused

[snapback]1182290[/snapback]​

I assume Luke's lightsaber hand is removable and he comes with the spare. They are considered vinyl "kits" even though the parts are prepainted and plug right in.

Leia's base is put together wrong in the pic. The purse-looking thing is one of the gargoyle heads from Jabba's dias. It should be facing front with the ring hanging down out of it's mouth. I assume the circle indentation with the peg in the center is where Leia's butt should go.

The statue's look pretty good, but I don't think they do well with likenesses. I'll wait to judge when I see them painted.

PS - The company's name is Kotobukiya.

The bloody Sabre is pointed too. :rolleyes

I thought the round hole with peg on the front is for the gargoyle with ring in its mouth. The gargoyle is just sat on top of the pedestal for somewhere to put it temporarily I think.

SAS

I take it these are also in the strange 1:7 scale?

Originally posted by Scarecrow@Feb 12 2006, 09:08 AM
And it's Kotobukiya, not Kyoto.
[snapback]1182256[/snapback]​
I wonder... could he mean Kaiyodo? But they don't have the SW licence anymore... do they?

IF they chrome the 3PO and do a decent paint job on the R2........I might actually buy those. The sculpts look pretty darned good so far. I see at least a couple details always lost on the R2 that they have pretty much nailed.

Dave :)

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Feb 12 2006, 10:21 AM

Leia's base is put together wrong in the pic. The purse-looking thing is one of the gargoyle heads from Jabba's dias. It should be facing front with the ring hanging down out of it's mouth. I assume the circle indentation with the peg in the center is where Leia's butt should go.

Or maybe that circle is where the "wrong" gargoyle head actually plugs into... ;)

Russ

Kotobukiya does very nice vinyl-statues (heavy and sturdy too).
These are of really good quality (cast and paintjob) and the price is even better. Count me in for all 3 :D

I'm not much of a statue collector (I have one because it was cheap and looked cool, from the Trigun anime series), but that 3P0 and R2 set does look pretty nice. I'm in with Vaderdarth: If 3P0 is chromed then I may have to pick them up. If it's just gold paint then I'll pass.

Originally posted by OPPI@Feb 12 2006, 12:09 PM
They already made a boba fett....  or did you know that and dont like the one they made?
[snapback]1182415[/snapback]​

Yes, the Fett was one of their better pieces.

I like the Snowtrooper myself.

Wow you guys really rip on prototypes.. I think they look great...I love koto kits...
(especialy the darth vader, both fetts, biker scout, and snow trooper)

I hope they do that c3po and r2

man...

im not liking the pointy saber...

im not liking how much we are starting to see it...

im afraid that when the 2007 box set comes out...

all 6 movies will have the "incorrect" pointy ep3 saber blades. :(

i think they should use TPM for reference to what the sabers should look like, they just made the OT style look better not just all new.

am i making a point here?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back