NEW Sideshow Concept Ceremonial Predator Mask

Interesting. I think I like it!

Backstory:
The Ceremonial mask is worn by the elder Predators during the "rite of passage" ceremony of the young hunters. It is fashioned from the skin and bone of one of the fiercest creatures indigenous to the Predator's home world, the QUATZA-RIJ.

As a tradition, young hunters always hunt in groups of three. They are sent out in packs and must hunt and kill one Quatza-Rij as a team in order to be accepted as adult clan members and be recognized as a legitimate hunter. Only after years of hunting do the most skilled and experienced hunters try to kill a Quatza-Rij on their own. If successful, they can then break away from the pack and are allowed to travel off-world to hunt bigger game.

The Ceremonial mask has no laser sight, as it is not a hunting helmet. But it is decorated with three circles on the forehead that represent each of the three hunters. The symbol of unity and teamwork, the Yutja laser sight is modeled after this symbol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stay with the stalker...

It looks way better (IMHO)
Steve warned us that the other masks he did were even more outlandish. I really think it's nice to try different styles and sizes. As many cultures we have on earth, can you imagine the Predators having more than just 2 or 3?

i dig it ...very organic. i'm a bigger fan of the stalker, but this one has a story behind that is very compelling.

i'm glad steve is sculpting pred pieces.

I like lt. New style ... new look .... different. Really cool. Adding that one to the collection.

I' think this one might look cool on KITHUNTERS new suit up.

Wicked! I love it!! Mind you I'm such a huge fan of Steve's work, that I think I would like anything Predator related that he created.

I like the organic feel...very organic...so different, yet still very much Predator.

No problem....

ohh wait I got a better idea, get me the bio, i'll build the suit ...then i'll send it you completed.
how about we trade my suit for a lair shirt as well?.......

like i said yesterday i'm only allowed one wang in my house...lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back