New reseach and future project (Started 01\06\20018)

Jmen

Sr Member
Hello, my crazy friends. Question for today:
predator hunter with bow, is it good idea?
in real life i have few bows and now i wanted to make something in predator style. i found some models for 3d printing all parts of compound bow and started the test printings (few different types of plastics).
So, if someone has good pictures of predator with bow (with compound bow) you can share it here.
Chears, Jmen.

AVP: Early Steve Johnson Predator 2

Even though the design was considered too much of a departure from the Original this Steve Johnson concept has a bow.
You could use its general shape, and maybe use the p2 spear as reference for details?
Yes, i have already thought about it.:) But there is one little problem. Im making compound bow (not a traditional and not an olimpic). That why i dont want make a lot of changes in handle part. So, details must be made with light materials, or just painted on the whole body of the bow. But i stil cant decide on with the design of it.:unsure:
Here is a screens of handle for my future bow (im not an author of this model, you can download its for free. Also this is not commercial build, its for my own use only):ninja:
handle.png
Yo can find stl in here(y)
Youth Compound Bow by Firebird

You are better off with a recurve as there is less strain on the parts. Unfortunately you are possibly better off with 3-d printed parts overlaid. The strain on the bow with it strung would break many of the lower cost 3-d printed parts. Are you going to go with high grade printed pieces in metal?

You are better off with a recurve as there is less strain on the parts. Unfortunately you are possibly better off with 3-d printed parts overlaid. The strain on the bow with it strung would break many of the lower cost 3-d printed parts. Are you going to go with high grade printed pieces in metal?
hey, thnx) but we have plan for all of this. first of all - we have special abs plastic for this. also we will print all details with 100% infill. plus we plan to insert metal pin in our construction of the handle. and finaly - its gonna be not so powerfull bow - 19kg max (40-45lbs)

What orientation are you printing the layers of the bow as the direction could effect the strength
Thank you)
Yeah, I know about layers, but i cut big details with keys, so it doesnt really metter for my plastic. All details, except handle, prints on the bed. Handle cutted with keys and will be printed with supports.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back