- NEW PHOTOS - Finished - Studio Scale Probe Droid - SOLD -

motero96

thanks for all this information, did not think to take so many kits, missing me a lot. sorry for my bad English, my name is sergio and I am from Spain

marsattack

Sr Member
hi joe , the pd kit?
I know a guy who may sell the kit here in australia
if you refer to the acrylic disc we only did a set for julien, Guy and half for lee, i am still to do mine lol
there are 30 plus discs , very acurately lathed, i think Guys and Juliens were within .2 of a mm.
we never sold these,
if there was someway of someone or a group willing to do the legs for the rest , I am sure Guy, Julien, Robert and myself would be happy to share all our information and probably make better legs than what ILM had!
One can only dream i guess........

joewhite

Sr Member
Understood, I thought I may have missed out on a good opportunity. Yeah, if the project ever kicks off, I would buy a set.

Joe

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
I very much doubt anyone is mad enough to make the leg legs on mass, it's def a labour of love, if I can do em then most here can , the discs are very specific in size but I did my first set with just stock abs tube filled with resin and they still work and look great.

I can't imagine how much brain space was used to make the discs in acrylic mars, glad you did though :)

joewhite

Sr Member
Right, the legs look like plenty of fun to make. ..aggravating I'm sure... but fun nonetheless. The discs are what I would personally be interested in. They look like they add so much stability.

Oh, and I bought your PD kit.

motero96

we could make a list of people who want to collaborate in making molds of small parts that can be sent over, I am willing to back the pieces I already have and send them on, we could save costs in our model.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
Looking great, from memory I think this leg also needs

Esci 10/4 1/35
Airfix 1/600 Belfast
Tamiya 1/700 Taiho
Tamiya 1/35 88mm

motero96

Thank you very much Monsieur Tox.

hello guy as will your probe droid ? I have two kits and more , the sdkfz 10/4 and 36/37 88 mm flak gun , you need a piece ?

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
I'm good thanks Sergio, your parts will be in the post this week bud, I'm only missing a few Quad parts and Lamps, if anyone has any spare lamps let me know as a plastruct order for 6 things is a bit pricey?