New Member - Predator (p1) 3d Animated Project!

R Sutter

Hey guys!

I've been lurking in these forums for quite some time now and finally decided to break the ice and create an account today. While I am initially looking to begin my Predator costume sometime soon, I also just started working on an animated project of the Predator and I wanted to share it with you guys.

My plans are to model, rig and animate the original Predator (as seen in P1). I was thinking of making an animation of the final battle sequence from the original film through Arnold's point of view. So in the short, you essentially are Arnold battling the Pred.

Here's an older character turntable:

Here's a more recent turntable:

And here's the latest image:
LatestPredRalph.jpg

Still very early on in the process, but your crits and feedback would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'm looking forward to being an active member on these boards and starting my costume soon!

- Ralph

Oh wow!!! I love the digital animation stuff. Really great comparison.

With those skills, you have open opportunity to create a custom too. Great work none the less. :D

Ok you didn't break the ice you pulverized it.......welcome to the lair

i love the textures that zbrush allows you to sculpt on the, can you render out a translucent version?...i would love to see the displacement and refraction behind it.

excellent work overall.

yes i am a 3d artist as well but i work more in the architectural and retail environment

Firstly, thanks so much for the kind words! And it is cool to see another 3D artist on here :)

I'll definitely have a translucent shader on there once I pop him into MAX. I was actually planning on doing an initial rig/map/shader/animation test this weekend to see what he looks like in that 3D package. So I'll sneak in a shot with a translucent shader for you :)

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!

Did you say animated???!!! Man, if you did that I am quite sure this place would erupt into a total chaotic frenzy of PREDATOR geekdomism... o_O or something like that.

In fact, I am geeking out as it is from the pure awesomeness that you have displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're lucky i'm not the Kool Aid Man... you would have some repairs to do to your walls from me busting through them and yelling... "OH YEAH!!!!"... at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back