New Member Is this Normal ? Help SOS This weeks Haul NEW UPDATES

Knightmare

Sr Member
New to the Hobby and I think I am hooked . I keep saying to myself this is it for a while then I look bang another prop I feel I must have . Any other members feel this way when they first started in this hobby ? I look out in my driveway today several more boxes the flood gates are gone the Train is on its way . Maybe this is nothing let me know you thoughts .
90BA3B69-5318-4F3C-AD6A-220BA11AC990_1_201_a.jpeg

Welcome,
I found it went this way for me too. I wanted all the cool props and space craft I couldn't get as a kid, once the internet came along and I had money, it was game on. Just have fun with it.
Cheers,
Kevin

Great start to the collection. You most definitely have the bug! You have to learn QUICK to police yourself, otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of toys, no money, no kids and no house. Trust me, I have seen this play out many times in this hobby. I’ve found that in the begging it’s difficult to discipline yourself so long as you stay focused. If you have a partner who’s supportive of your hobby they can usually keep you on track.
Good luck. This hobby is seriously a lot of fun!

Great start to the collection. You most definitely have the bug! You have to learn QUICK to police yourself, otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of toys, no money, no kids and no house. Trust me, I have seen this play out many times in this hobby. I’ve found that in the begging it’s difficult to discipline yourself so long as you stay focused. If you have a partner who’s supportive of your hobby they can usually keep you on track.
Thanks !

Last edited:
This is great advice!

You might also want to tailor your collection to specif themes/franchises and not just anything and everything you like, that can help you stay focused and not blow every pay cheque on props :D I started out collecting anything I thought was cool from any film I liked, I've (mostly) calmed down now and try to stay focused on a couple of franchise/themes. I think my collection is a bit more coherent as a result. I think like any collection, you have to learn what you really like.

Welcome to the party!

This is great advice!

You might also want to tailor your collection to specif themes/franchises and not just anything and everything you like, that can help you stay focused and not blow every pay cheque on props :D I started out collecting anything I thought was cool from any film I liked, I've (mostly) calmed down now and try to stay focused on a couple of franchise/themes. I think my collection is a bit more coherent as a result. I think like any collection, you have to learn what you really like.

Welcome to the party!
I thought of this when you said that lol
2E8A2E4B-3976-4A7B-B93A-69A8CC4D53C1.jpeg
lol

New Item thought I would share . This is one of the NICEST replicas I have ever come across (so far )
Any other MIB Buffs out there if you are on the fence grab one these they are incredible !!!!
69D34688-5DAE-478D-8602-35DB6205AC2A_1_201_a.jpeg

I've been at it for 20 years, so I know what I like and want. I have been spending the last several years upgrading what I have like resin, plastic or PLA to metal whenever possible. I sold off $13K of older props last year and spent most of the funds on upgrades.

Sometimes I think I have reached a Plato where I have everything I want, then BAM another one shows up that I just can't live without.

I'm afraid there really is no end to the madness, I MUST check the Junkyard at least once a day and I always keep an eye out for newly announced project runs.

My collection got started by buying multiple kits, building them all and keeping the best one for myself and selling the others to fund my collection. Almost everything I have has gone up in value, some of it astronomically! Almost everything is priceless to me unless I spot a better one to upgrade to.

Last edited:
can I ask why you were so interested in my items and sudendly just ignored me completely? this is quite frustrating for someone putting so much effort in my work. I would have appreciated any answer, communication is important.

can I ask why you were so interested in my items and sudendly just ignored me completely? this is quite frustrating for someone putting so much effort in my work. I would have appreciated any answer, communication is important.
Been busy sorry will check that out cheers :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back