New Mask For My Daughter!

Tsurabisu

(Let's try this again... lol)

Okay, now that the lair's back up and running, I can post what i've been doing in the down time!

After months of her begging, I finally started on a mask for my 6 year old daughter.

Since money's tight and I don't want to screw up on a sculpt, I've decided to try my hand at foam.

Here's what I got so far.

Here's a pic of the base of the mask.

Base.jpg

Then I started on the crown.

Crown.jpg

Side.jpg

Then I started closing up the sides, getting everything into the right shape.
Front 1.jpg

Side 2.jpg

Well, I'll be working on it more tomorrow, so let me know what ya think!

Laters.

-Tsu

Last edited by a moderator:
Update! I got the right side of the mask attached today and had my daughter do a test fit before I got much further. I think the size actually turned out pretty good. Whacha think?

Front 2.jpg

Side 3.jpg

Test fit.jpg

Hey, everyone. I got a little more work done today. I was able to work on the mouth area as well as detailing the top of the head. Let me know what ya guys think.

In this pic, you can see the throat plus the top and lower jaws. I plan on making the fangs out of clay and baking them, so I cut a spot for them in the top jaw.

Mouth.jpg

On this one, you can see some of the detail I'm doing to the crown. Still a lot of work to do on it, but I think it's coming along nicely. Any comments on it would be appreciated!

New crown.jpg

Next up: more detailing on the crown and the start of the mandibles!

Laters!

Hey, everyone!

I wasn't able to do much this time. Mostly just fixing a few things, like the eyes and the mouth. I also did a bit more detailing on the crown. Let me know whacha think!

Test 2.jpg

The reason it looks so tall in this pic is because my daughter kept tilting her head down toward the camera.

Wow. it's been a while since I was able to update this. Finally got a camera again, so I snapped a couple pics. Except for the teeth, the mask is done. SInce it's winter, I can't get any liquid latex mailed here, so I'm going to be trying something different. Just have to wait for my order to come in. In the meantime, here's what I got!

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Here's an update on the foam mask.
Photo0068.jpg

Now I just gotta paint it up. Still trying to find something to use for dreads with it...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back