New Hot Toys Releases

Wow. We only needed to wait twenty-plus years for someone to do this right! : ) The light-up cockpit and the control panel detail is spectacular. One thought though, are the car body dimensions accurate? I always got the impression, seeing this at Comic Con, that it was gonna be a little short and squat. But then that was their prototype I was looking at and not a production model. Overall, really really cool. How does it stack up to the Cinemaquette (Toynaami) version? Weren't they doing one too? Or am I confused?

I have one, and it's AMAZING for the money. I brought it to show some friends, one of which was working on a model kit for the place that he works for. The guy nit picked it to death, but I wasn't sure what he was using for reference, movie stills of the full size version, the original scale model, both... It is a very nice piece. It has bells and whistles, lights, yadda, yadda.....only draw back, it's huge! You need place to display it, but it's worth it :)

That is some amazing facial detail, and now you can have your own American Psycho custom figure with that head too lol

I dunno... It doesn't seem like Bruce Wayne uses an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older... :lol

Sideshow released the preorder for Iron Man Igor armor for $509.99. It certainly looks cool, but for that kind of money, it should have been a hulk buster.

NOT Hot Toys but Snake Plissken is up for order soon...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/snake-plissken-preview/
preview-snake-Size.jpg

fwiw:.

Dear all,

The Christmas season is upon us again! To celebrate this wonderful time of the year, Hot Toys is very happy to bring a video contest to fans worldwide with awesome Christmas prizes!

To enter the contest, all you need to do is to take an Instagram video (Max. 15 seconds) of any of your Hot Toys collectible figure(s) released in 2013 and upload it with the hashtag “#hottoys2013xmas”.

Make a stop-motion video, funny video, dramatic video or just any style you like. Let your creativity shine and show everyone your talent! Each person may submit more than one video.

First place winner will receive – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mark XLII Autonomous Prehensile Propulsion Suit Test Version) Collectible Figure

Second place winner will receive – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Third place winner will receive – Iron Man 3: Cosbaby Series 2 (Set of 6)

20 honorable mentions will also be selected and awarded a special Christmas present!

The winning videos will be selected by Hot Toys based on content, creativity and aesthetic. The contest will run from now until December 11, 2013 and we welcome fans worldwide to join this campaign! The winner will be announced on Hot Toys' Facebook Page shortly after the contest ends.

Holy cow. These guys are nailing their likenesses. Traditional wax museums aren't just lagging the FX and bust sculpting fields, they're lagging toys now too. :lol

Last edited:
Right? It kills me when when people say, "Eh, the likeness could be better." Especially when THIS is the Dirk Benedict Starbuck figure I had to play with as a kid:

ea_107.JPG

LOL. I only check this thread once or twice a year, and it's like a barrage of awesomeness every time. I think we might be getting A BIT spoiled. :lol

I love torn up Terminators that show that there is an endoskeleton in there and this is a machine. This one was a must have!

For sure, when I was a kid and the terminator 2 figures had just come out, my parents bought me this:

Terminator+2.jpg

I loved this figure because half his face was missing showing the endo skull underneath. I even had my buddy photoshop a terminator pic to include the battle damage and endo showing for my terminator tattoo.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back