New here wanting help!

ChAnOoD

Hi there!

I´ve been "spying" on this web for a long time, but I thought I should register.

I´m working on a Batman suit from the 60´s (yes, the Adam West one) and while I have an idea about how to do it, I´d love to know what kind of materials I could use.

I started with a rudimentary method: doing the "base" with cardboard and then paper mache. It doesn´t go bad, but I´d like something more accurate.

I thought I could do a mold of my head with stucco bandages and then use clay to mold the "helmet" part of it. But then? What I should do? I´d love to work with fiberglass, but I think it isn´t a good idea (I´m living in a flat and as I read somewhere, you need to work on open spaces with it). I´d need some "safe" materials to work at home with a "solid" finish to add the satin fabric on it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.

I believe you should have this moved to the COSTUME section.
You will find it most helpful.

This section is for model building and few folks visit this area.

Oh, sorry! :facepalm

I think now I won´t be able to move it (maybe the admins will do it?). I apology for that, sometimes thinking on English when you´re from another country doesn´t let you think in good conditions :$

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back