New here! I own a SIII Evil Superman Suit

1batt4u

Hello Everyone,

I am new here!! I own a few replica items. One item I due own and is authentic is from Superman III The Evil Superman suit!!! A Great collectors item, the best thing about Superman III was the scenes with the Evil Superman!!!
Here are my pictures, not the best!! I've posted it on ebay about 3 times these past few years and it has been posted on The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource being compared to other Superman suits!

334lswg.jpg

1zprwqa.jpg

1zba2h3.jpg

9lem9t.jpg

Notice the rectangular residue on the belt, based on research a Berman & Nathans label used to be there!
er0t36.jpg

Several little "pockets" on the very bottom of the cape. I'm pretty much sure it was used for the flapping device which made his cape move.
64nzpc.jpg

j5l91g.jpg

Tell me what you think guys!!! :cool

Great stuff! Hey can we see a few more detailed pics of the boots - if I remember correctly those boots have something written on the bottom - like boxing boots, right?

I read Steve's blog all the time and he really is a unsung hero in the field in my opinion. Glad to know your suit didn't come out of a sewing shop in Florida like so many others.

Thanks - i am soooooo obsessed with those boots. They're the best ones made for any Superman - Superboy's boots were almost the same. I had some pics saved somewhere of a pair that were real and they had writing on the bottom that said "the Ring" or something like that - Those you have are NICE. It's rare to see a whole costume together and to think it's even rarer to find a Reeve and even RARER to find one as Evil Supes - whatta great piece - I'm envious! Thanks for the pic. I'm drooling.

just awesome !! do you allow us to publish those pics on our site ?
can you give us your real name for we would like to write an article about this item...

send me a PM :)

Can you take some more pics of the cape? Like a picture of it fully spread out on the floor with measurements? I am trying to replicate the size and shape for my own replica.

Great Photos thanks for posting and welcome to the RPF!!

My question is how thin is the red material on the Boots? In most of the Reeve Movies I noticed that the boot Material looks really thin and wrinkled in many scenes in the Movie!

It looks like in your Photos of the Belt that the Oval buckle was bolted on in the back of the belt and they glued yellow Fabric/Material over it to hide the Bolts! (just my thinking...)

Could the pockets at the bottom of the cape be for small weights so that the cape will hang nicely and not blow outrageously in the wind? It will also keep it from needing constant ironing.

Just a thought....

Welcome! Wow, great pics! So do you think it's possible that the boots have been used in other scenes, beside the 'evil superman' scenes? Perhaps even Superman I or II?

That is just an incredible piece to own, congratulations, and thanks for sharing the pics. I love seeing the insides and parts that we would never otherwise see.

Welcome! Wow, great pics! So do you think it's possible that the boots have been used in other scenes, beside the 'evil superman' scenes? Perhaps even Superman I or II?

Yes, these boots were used in other scenes as well. From what I have been told they were from Superman I/II as well.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back