New Hasbro Vintage 2010 Luke's Snowspeeder

As before both are the updated molds. One is in a new packaging whilst the other is in a similar style boxing when the first version of the snowspeeder was released way back in 1980/81.

This is really cool how your doing this! I've always loved the look of the snowspeeder but was never really satisfied with the toys always looked too big to me. I'm really tempted to go out and buy one and attempt this remodel.

Hey Crackerjazz,
I'm not sure how you plan to display this but you can buy a "baseball helmet stand" on Ebay for about $13 and then cut the clear pole to the right height.

baseballhelmetstand2.jpg

4b_1.JPG

"Nice, huh? I'm sure this'll make a nice mounted desktop model once corrected.
Took this photo before I did the hull change but with one cannon tip opened up."

5223500010_bfb316e922.jpg

I am interested in the progress of your snowspeeder. The cannon looks so much better with the slight mod. Looking forward to the final piece. Thank you for the kind words regarding my paint job on my 2010 snowspeeder. :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd been debating whether to build Wedge's Speeder (the orange-striped prop) or Luke's (grey-striped prop). I built two sets of canopies as there are slight shape differences between the two.

5265053613_db565d0974.jpg

I finally decided I'd build Wedge's. This had one of the most memorable parts in ESB, after all, wrapping the AT-AT's legs in cables and bringing it down to its knees.

5265754132_60bb163761.jpg

The hull mod I described previously was truly worth it. It was a relatively simple mod but changed the canopy and the speeder's overall shape dramatically for the better. I'd probably build another canopy to experiment a bit more. Also the rear engine humps need mods - the airbrakes need to be made wider. The mod would make the humps rise a bit.

Last edited:
I recently modded the cannons as you have demostrated earlier and wow, the small detail made the overall appearence of the snowspeeder that much better. I even went as far as removing the pegs on the cannon's themselves and removing the slots off the hull. It was well worth it. I highly recommend it for your speeder it you haven't already done so. What material did you make the canopy from.?

Hi Sasmysquatch! Looks great with the cannons opened up doesn't it. I'm in the process of making my fourth canopy. I used 0.75mm styrene.

Last edited:
LOL yeah Junk Pilot, it's driving me nuts : ) Oh well, at least I'm not itching to build a fifth one:wacko But definitely do that triangular hull mod first or you'll never get the canopy to look right.

004Canopymodwithorig.jpg

Ref photo from Modeler Magic (this one's the gray-striped):
003ModelerMagicLuke.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the info and that canopy is looking great. I dont know if i will be doing a canopy re-build but i can really appreciate the efforts your making on your snowspeeder.

Thanks, guys! Used the photo of the gray speeder in modelermagic:

03UndersideofGrey.jpg

That thing in the middle - it looks like what remains of a whole piece that got knocked out. I'm thinking whether to copy that on the mod or not. I know MR built theirs with this flaw, true to the damaged prop.

01UndersideofHasbro.jpg

Lots of belly stuff to cut off and trim down. Opening up the air intakes is a must. That long bulge is actually there for a purpose. It's supposed to sit the figure lower on the toy:

02InsideofCockpit.jpg

Well, that's gonna have to go too.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back