New green coat for Doctor Who Series 7?

OH, they're vents! That puts a WHOLE other perspective on things now, hmmm, i wouldn't be surprised then, considering how everything he wears is custom nowadars, that the hat might be custom aswell. Or maybe picked up from some small local hat-maker somewhere.

At least I think they are vents. Unless he takes the hat off of someone and it is a bullet hole. It's possible. Still it's a completely different hat, much more fitting the time period and location. The Stetson from Series 6 is a modern hat.

I never thought I'd know so much about cowboy hats. This will come in handy never.

With the way Amy's swinging around the gun in that trailer, the hat could well be hit by an stray bullet... But again, this is all complete supposition.

Modernboy, just wait until you are in a life-or-death situation based on your knowledge of stetsons!

At least I think they are vents. Unless he takes the hat off of someone and it is a bullet hole. It's possible. Still it's a completely different hat, much more fitting the time period and location. The Stetson from Series 6 is a modern hat.

I never thought I'd know so much about cowboy hats. This will come in handy never.

I think you're right man. That hole does look very clean, whereas a bullet hole would not (most likely) be a smooth perfect hole. I bet he does pick it up, cause in the trailer he says that one line about his Christmas list, and it looks like he has just arrived. I could be wrong, but maybe he does pick it up. Or it gets shot. Whichever, :)

With the way Amy's swinging around the gun in that trailer, the hat could well be hit by an stray bullet... But again, this is all complete supposition.

Modernboy, just wait until you are in a life-or-death situation based on your knowledge of stetsons!
By the way amys swinging around the gun I would be pretty surprised if she managed not to shoot anyone considering how many people are crowded around them..

Looking at the picture, and rewatching the trailer, I'm not entirely convinced the coat is green. To my eye, it looks like a black, Victorian style frock coat that is liberally covered in dust.

The tie also appears to be of the period. And unless I'm mistaken, the shirt has a period appropriate stand-up collar.

Last edited:
The Doctor getting his hat shot off could well be a running joke in the series. Which is awesome. I'm seriously considering putting a fake bullet hole in my Hutchins stetson. Or I could wear it in some of the less upmarket areas of Baltimore, and I'm sure someone would do it for me.

Looking at the picture, and rewatching the trailer, I'm not entirely convinced the coat is green. To my eye, it looks like a black, Victorian style frock coat that is liberally covered in dust.

The tie also appears to be of the period. And unless I'm mistaken, the shirt has a period appropriate stand-up collar.

Definitely green. It really does look exactly the same color and fabric as the McGann frock which as many of us are aware changes color from one extreme to the other based on lighting.

Also that is the same striped shirt from series 6 and I think the same tie but on that I am not certain.

I may well be wrong about the shirt, but I disagree about the colour of the coat. I still think it's black and covered in dust. Guess we won't know for sure until we get more pictures or the episode airs.

Definitely green. It really does look exactly the same color and fabric as the McGann frock which as many of us are aware changes color from one extreme to the other based on lighting.

Also that is the same striped shirt from series 6 and I think the same tie but on that I am not certain.

Agreed on the coat. It's literally shades of McGann all over again!

By the way amys swinging around the gun I would be pretty surprised if she managed not to shoot anyone considering how many people are crowded around them..

Except that given the time period, it's most likely a single action revolver. So unless the hammer is ****** back, she could swing it around all day long, and it wouldn't ever discharge.

Except that given the time period, it's most likely a single action revolver. So unless the hammer is ****** back, she could swing it around all day long, and it wouldn't ever discharge.

Except for in the trailer where she is waving it around and it goes off or no apparent reason...there's no place for logic here.

Given the Doctor also mentions anachronistic electricity in the trailer it's possible the gun is an anachronism, too. (There's also a guy with a gun for an arm, so it might not even be the real Old West; but that' just a theory)
See, the old "aliens did it" argument beats logic every time :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back