New Doctor Who Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Which would mean more if the Audio Books were considered canon, but there's no definitive answer on that. And I doubt the accounting for the length of a year based on where he is bit works if it's mostly Earth humans he talks to when giving contradictory answers :)

But yeah, it plays to Moffat's he-just-doesn't-know theory, which is easiest to go with.

In Pertwee's "The mind of Evil" he seemed to have a pretty good idea and it was WAY more than 900 years.

Professor Kettering: “I tell you that man's death had nothing to do with this machine. If you were a scientist you'd understand that.”
The Doctor: “If I were a scientist? Let me tell you sir I am a scientist! And I have been for several thousand-”

Your video wouldn't play. This one did though, and I have to say, I like River a lot more in order. :cool

Ah, bummer. Yeah, I think the other forum where I originally found the link were complaining later that day that the BBC site was just playing black or something for a while that day.

And I agree... in order, she's very interesting. The way she was originally presented, I didn't hate her, but she just seemed so smug about the knowledge she had that he didn't that she irritated me more than she made me interested.

I just hope I wasn't the only person to bawl their eyes out at the nod to the Brigadier.
Actually, I was crying through a good third of the episode, then shrieking with excitement by the end. Total rollercoaster.

I give them credit on that, mentioning the death of the Brigadier in the show itself, that was classy. I'm disappointed they didn't mention Sarah Jane Smith though, even if she got an on screen memorial before an episode.

I give them credit on that, mentioning the death of the Brigadier in the show itself, that was classy. I'm disappointed they didn't mention Sarah Jane Smith though, even if she got an on screen memorial before an episode.

Honestly, I don't think they want to 'kill' Sarah Jane. I mean, it's not like you could just squeeze that into a scene, she's too iconic.

Honestly, I don't think they want to 'kill' Sarah Jane. I mean, it's not like you could just squeeze that into a scene, she's too iconic.

That and they intend to go ahead with the final episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures so they may be holding off until then. Perhaps they're planning a big goodbye for the finale of that show; it would only be fitting.

My husband wondered how the robot would have regenerated...

My thought on it is that the 1st episode where he dies, he actually died. It became a fixed point in time but the Doctor outsmarted the fixed point in time..

He made sure he was there just not there in the same WAY that the original point in time made him be there. So that he REALLY died in the original point in time but he CHANGED TIME but only SLIGHTLY. Everyone still THOUGHT he died so the time line didnt get altered. Thats why River could NEVER tell anyone, until past a certain point that it didnt matter anymore because events happened the same way they should have, minus the fact the Doctor didnt actually die.

I admit the 11th stuff seems 'cheaper' but the stories are layered insanely deep. If you dont pay attention and if you don't watch more than once, you miss a LOT. However, the stand alone episodes, generally are rubbish or amazing. There doesnt seem to be an in between, and there is a tiny tie in generally. Plus the American versions cut out what, 15-20 minutes of show?

Tennant stuff stands alone well and seemed to have way higher production values, but I like each for its own. Not a huge fan of Rose. Wish I could put Amy and Rory in with Tennant some how sometimes lol

I rewatched Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon last night and can clarify that Melody regenerated for unknown reasons, she just appears 'sick'.

When Amy talks to Melody she states that she is glad that she missed her when she shot at her (not to mention the regeneration is 9 months after the shooting)

But boy oh boy, that story has plot holes you could go caving in :wacko

I rewatched Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon last night and can clarify that Melody regenerated for unknown reasons, she just appears 'sick'.

When Amy talks to Melody she states that she is glad that she missed her when she shot at her (not to mention the regeneration is 9 months after the shooting)

But boy oh boy, that story has plot holes you could go caving in :wacko

Good to know. :thumbsup

As far as the plot holes though...it's Doctor Who man, plot holes have been part of the show as long as hiding behind the couch, 'for the dads' companions, and the TARDIS. :lol It's not 'The Godfather' or anything.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back