New Doctor Who Series Discussion *Spoilers*

The timing on this is interesting. Yesterday we find out that Karen Gillian (Amy Pond) gets a HUGE bump in her career by being cast as the "lead female villain" in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe Matt though "Damn, I better get into this movie biz while I have still have fan cred."

Regardless, my 12 year old daughter was absolutely crushed. Tenant is still my favorite but Matt was terrific. He'll be missed.

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

I thought they fixed that with River giving the Doctor all her remaining regenerations from Let's Kill Hitler. They didn't exactly say how many she had, but yeah..

Well, he still have to become the Valeyard so......

That sucks, I liked Matt Smith and would have liked to see another year or two. .
Still it will be cool to get the dynamic of a new Doctor.

It's not that a female lead would be bad in a show like Doctor Who but I just don't agree with it being a part of Gallifreyian physiology. Even if the Doctor did say something about it in one episode. And it's just my opinion.

I agree, it's just after having the same character for 50 years a change like that would be.. odd.

River giving the Doctor extra regenerations when she rezzed him with hers is speculation at best. "Let's Killer Hitler" certainly made no note of "oh, I have extra regenerations now." It's an easy enough explanation, or just that the limit doesn't apply for some reason since he's the last Time Lord. We'll find out in six years (or three depending on what the deal is with John Hurt's "Doctor").

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason to be mad that Moffat cheated me out of an entire series of 13 episodes this year (With his stupid series 7a and 7b crap!)

Who says it's Moff's fault and not the Beeb's? BBC sets the programming schedules.

I'm actually thrilled with this news, have been really sick of the series since Moff took over.
Hopefully he will be out in addition to Smith.

It'd be nice if he left with him but I don't think he will. He still has Clara around and everything to wrap up so I don't think Moffat's era is over. Maybe after this next doctor, but he shouldn't overstay his welcome

Funny part it was just 3 or 4 months ago all the news was confirming he was on for season 8. I wonder what happened.

None of the official press releases stated Matt would return. The states 'The Doctor' would return but Matt Smith's name was only mentioned relating to the 50th special and The Christmas Special. I thought the omission was odd at the time...and now we know why.

At the age progression from the last few Doctors, this new one will be 12 years old.

I'm okay with it being a woman as long as they get Amanda Tapping.

My new Doctor request: Mos Def.

I know he's American, but I don't care. lol

I do not want a female Doctor. It just wouldn't fit well with the established series. Imagine if/when the Doctor encounters Susan again for example. "Oh hello Gradf...erm..."

Why not still call the Doctor grandfather?

Well, it seems only logical to say "Females can't be fathers. Grand or otherwise."

I say again, "Mos Def for the 12th!"
attachment.php
:D

Attachments

• Def_Doc.png
    Def_Doc.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 676
As long as they don't ask her to attempt an English accent again.

You do know that she was born in England right? She lived most of her life in Ontario, but still. She's actually English.

- - - Updated - - -

My new Doctor request: Mos Def.

I know he's American, but I don't care. lol

I do not want a female Doctor. It just wouldn't fit well with the established series. Imagine if/when the Doctor encounters Susan again for example. "Oh hello Gradf...erm..."

That's your problem, being a human being born with one body living in it their entire life and dieing permanently. I'm sure to Time Lords that it's not unusual if they do go through gender changes sometimes during regeneration.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back