New Batman Bust, check it out!

Jawafive

Sr Member
Check this bad boy out. lifesize.

ARB.jpg

ARB2.jpg

I love it..

While this isn't an interest thread, if you're interested in one, shoot me a PM.

-Matt

I think it's the narrowness of the eyes that are making it look a bit cartoonish. I just widened them out a bit here using Photoshop.

[attachmentid=7611]

Is this your sculpt? I dig it, even with the cartoony feel to it.

W.

I think I remember Matt saying that this sculpt was inspired by Alex Ross' take on Batman.

This turned out great. I think it would have looked better if the sculpt stopped at the end of the cowl but that's very minor to say the least. It looks great.

What is it made out of?

you nailed it Simon. This is made of latex. There's also a werable one, but I haven't gotten around to getting one yet.

-Matt

There's something intimidating about the set of the eyes. In the right lighting it could freak you out. I'd love to see it even more menacing.

Very nice piece .

KK2

Who is the cartoonist that does The Tick...it almost reminds me of a version he would do of Batman...really very different which is nice to see.

Originally posted by The Mantis@Apr 16 2006, 07:43 AM
Who is the cartoonist that does The Tick...it almost reminds me of a version he would do of Batman...really very different which is nice to see.
[snapback]1227287[/snapback]​

Ya beat me to it... I was thinkin' "The Tick" at the first photo...

"Space Ghost" came to mind too for some reason...

Originally posted by The Mantis@Apr 16 2006, 06:43 AM
[snapback]1227287[/snapback]​

Me three. I was thinkin' the tick, too. In that cartoonish sort of way...
I love Ross. That "real person" beaten and tired look is tough to capture.

alexrossguerracontraelcrimen.jpg

Nice. I think the "look" is more affected by the length of the face. In pretentious art classes I was always taught that, proportionately, the distance between eyes (for humans) is the width of one eye. Not just the eyeball, but the skin that comprises the corners of eyes, etc. This rule of thumb seems to work pretty well in real life.

Anyway, just a random thought.

Nice job. That's a great look for Batman. :thumbsup

EDIT: spelling boo-boos

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back