New AvP Props/AvP II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dano @ Apr 21 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1230696[/snapback]</div>
Hopefully a very large gun pointed at Paul Anderson as he's told to move away from the project....
[/b]

:lol

Hey it wasn't as bad as Predator II. I'm just curious whether the Rock is still going to be involved with Predator III.

I want a figure of Paul WS Anderson that doubles over in as though in pain, whereupon a tiny James Cameron bursts through his chest.

Well, if Paul Anderson is attached, you can expect that as soon as the reviews come out, the excuses will issue forth soon after. "It wasn't my fault." "The studio cut all the good stuff." "Wait for the special edition." That's the main reason I dislike him. He has to pass the blame and lie about upcoming special editions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Apr 22 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]1230932[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Apr 21 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1230728[/snapback]
Hey it wasn't as bad as Predator II.
[/b]

:lol your kidding , right??? Predator 2 was awesome
[/b][/quote]

No way. Predator is by far the best but the 2nd with all that Voodoo @#$%., subway trash and Gary Busey's dire performance backed up with Glover's pea shooter, awesome I don't think so. The only cool thing about that film was the scene on the ship with the Alien skull.

This is me on the movies:

Predator 1: Was ok but something still bugged me about it
Predator 2: Liked it a bit more because it had more predator action in it, not that the first was bad I know it had a point to it.

Alien: Still haven't seen (I know I'll get reemed for this)
Aliens: Totally Awsome
Alien 3: Hated it enough said
Alien Resurrection: Was ok

AVP: I actually did like this, although it needed to be "R"

so I'm kinda looking forward to it but still keeping my expectations at a low right now. I just wanna see some hardcore Alien vs. Predator action fights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Lawja @ Apr 22 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1231026[/snapback]</div>
Didn't we all agree to pretend Alien Resuccection didn't happen? <G>

Jay
[/b]

Yup.

Predator 1 is an 80's timeless classic. Nuff said.

Predator 2 sucked from a plot and 'film' point of view. Typical 80's 'cash in' sequel drivel.

It's terribly dated and cliched. Danny Glover looked like he had just stumbled in from a Lethal Weapon movie and Gary Busy was irritating. It's only redeeming feature was that it gave us a chance to see more Predators AND more Predator props. I always skip to the good prop/helmet bits.

AVP was not a bad movie. It was made by a Fanboy for Fanboys. OK the plot wasn't great, but the effects rocked. ADI are serious talent and the DVD was loaded with the kinda stuff a prop maker loves.

If Paul Anderson wants to make another movie and give me the chance to watch Predators and Aliens knocking crap outta each other - then so be it.

Give him a break. He is one of us.

Damn purists..... make me honk.

Have you seen The Wrath of Khan or First Contact? Heck, even the whales one or Star Trek VI?

I've been wanting to see a tighter edit of the first Star Trek movie for years. I've always insisted that amidst the sprawling monstrosity of The Motion Picture is a decent movie that just needs to be edited out of it.

"AVP was not a bad movie."[/b]

That's the first time I've ever read that with regards to AVP.

Fanboy or not, he's a terrible director, and has no business in "the business".
Everything about AVP stunk, the action, the plot (or lack thereof) and the STUPID STUPID team-up at the end.

Even the credits bothered me, because they made me realize that I had sat through that entire cinematic colostomy..

The only movie that sits even close to it on my hate list is MI:2, and I really don't hate many movies, so it's a short list.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wuher da brewer @ Apr 22 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1231240[/snapback]</div>
I've been wanting to see a tighter edit of the first Star Trek movie for years. I've always insisted that amidst the sprawling monstrosity of The Motion Picture is a decent movie that just needs to be edited out of it.
[/b]

Have you seen the version they put out on DVD a few years ago? They pretty much did exactly what you said. Also added a few effects they ran out of time for when they made the movie, but made it look like 70's effects to match everything else in there.

Lukes Roomate.

I agree with you on the MI2 point. I really didn't like that film.

John Woo has such a cheesy style that it makes me cringe. All that 'doves flying into the sunset' and 'coats blowing slowly in the wind'. Honestly, if it was anyone else - you'd say Woo films were dated 80's cheese.

But Paul Anderson is not a terrible director.

Regardless of whether you liked the concept of Aliens and Predators in the same film. Or the fact that alot of people see the combination as a sell out of the franchise, there was nothing 'technically' wrong with the film.

It was well shot, lit and edited. The props were well researched and produced and the special effects were stunning. The only thing that let it down was the plot.

If we are going to be critical of Anderson as a film maker Lukes Roomate, let's sit and criticise the last million dollar blockbuster you directed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Helmetman @ Apr 23 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1231644[/snapback]</div>
Lukes Roomate.

I agree with you on the MI2 point. I really didn't like that film.

John Woo has such a cheesy style that it makes me cringe. All that 'doves flying into the sunset' and 'coats blowing slowly in the wind'. Honestly, if it was anyone else - you'd say Woo films were dated 80's cheese.

But Paul Anderson is not a terrible director.

Regardless of whether you liked the concept of Aliens and Predators in the same film. Or the fact that alot of people see the combination as a sell out of the franchise, there was nothing 'technically' wrong with the film.

It was well shot, lit and edited. The props were well researched and produced and the special effects were stunning. The only thing that let it down was the plot.

If we are going to be critical of Anderson as a film maker Lukes Roomate, let's sit and criticise the last million dollar blockbuster you directed.
[/b]

I disagree, Paul Anderson is a godawful director - his direction is uninspired at best.
His writing sucks completely.
You don't have to be a film maker to recognise a terrible movie or director.
Movie critics do it all the time actually.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back