New AvP Props/AvP II

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by alienscollection.com, Apr 21, 2006.

1. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

2. dano

dano Well-Known Member

Hopefully a very large gun pointed at Paul Anderson as he's told to move away from the project....

3. RKW

RKW Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dano @ Apr 21 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1230696[/snapback]</div>
    :lol

Hey it wasn't as bad as Predator II. I'm just curious whether the Rock is still going to be involved with Predator III.

4. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Wasnt as bad as predator to ... Predator 2 was just as good as the first. AVP major Donkey Di(k

5. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

I want a figure of Paul WS Anderson that doubles over in as though in pain, whereupon a tiny James Cameron bursts through his chest.

6. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

7. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, if Paul Anderson is attached, you can expect that as soon as the reviews come out, the excuses will issue forth soon after. "It wasn't my fault." "The studio cut all the good stuff." "Wait for the special edition." That's the main reason I dislike him. He has to pass the blame and lie about upcoming special editions.

8. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Apr 21 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1230728[/snapback]</div>
    :lol your kidding , right??? Predator 2 was awesome

9. RKW

RKW Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ Apr 22 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]1230932[/snapback]</div>
    :lol your kidding , right??? Predator 2 was awesome
    [/b][/quote]

No way. Predator is by far the best but the 2nd with all that Voodoo @#$%., subway trash and Gary Busey's dire performance backed up with Glover's pea shooter, awesome I don't think so. The only cool thing about that film was the scene on the ship with the Alien skull.

10. DemonFire

DemonFire Sr Member

This is me on the movies:

Predator 1: Was ok but something still bugged me about it
    Predator 2: Liked it a bit more because it had more predator action in it, not that the first was bad I know it had a point to it.

Alien: Still haven't seen (I know I'll get reemed for this)
    Aliens: Totally Awsome
    Alien 3: Hated it enough said
    Alien Resurrection: Was ok

AVP: I actually did like this, although it needed to be "R"

so I'm kinda looking forward to it but still keeping my expectations at a low right now. I just wanna see some hardcore Alien vs. Predator action fights.

11. Jedi Lawja

Jedi Lawja Well-Known Member

Didn't we all agree to pretend Alien 3 didn't happen? <G>

Jay

12. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Lawja @ Apr 22 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1231026[/snapback]</div>

Yup.

13. Helmetman

Helmetman Well-Known Member

Predator 1 is an 80's timeless classic. Nuff said.

Predator 2 sucked from a plot and 'film' point of view. Typical 80's 'cash in' sequel drivel.

It's terribly dated and cliched. Danny Glover looked like he had just stumbled in from a Lethal Weapon movie and Gary Busy was irritating. It's only redeeming feature was that it gave us a chance to see more Predators AND more Predator props. I always skip to the good prop/helmet bits.

AVP was not a bad movie. It was made by a Fanboy for Fanboys. OK the plot wasn't great, but the effects rocked. ADI are serious talent and the DVD was loaded with the kinda stuff a prop maker loves.

If Paul Anderson wants to make another movie and give me the chance to watch Predators and Aliens knocking crap outta each other - then so be it.

Give him a break. He is one of us.

* purists..... make me honk.

14. Darth_Pain

Darth_Pain Well-Known Member

I for one, can't wait to see the new AVP. I wasn't crazy about Predator 2 but, it's still better than any StarTrek film. :p

15. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Have you seen The Wrath of Khan or First Contact? Heck, even the whales one or Star Trek VI?

I've been wanting to see a tighter edit of the first Star Trek movie for years. I've always insisted that amidst the sprawling monstrosity of The Motion Picture is a decent movie that just needs to be edited out of it.

16. Lukes Roommate

Lukes Roommate Well-Known Member

That's the first time I've ever read that with regards to AVP.

Fanboy or not, he's a terrible director, and has no business in "the business".
    Everything about AVP stunk, the action, the plot (or lack thereof) and the STUPID STUPID team-up at the end.

Even the credits bothered me, because they made me realize that I had sat through that entire cinematic colostomy..

The only movie that sits even close to it on my hate list is MI:2, and I really don't hate many movies, so it's a short list.

17. Geniepants

Geniepants Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wuher da brewer @ Apr 22 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1231240[/snapback]</div>

Have you seen the version they put out on DVD a few years ago? They pretty much did exactly what you said. Also added a few effects they ran out of time for when they made the movie, but made it look like 70's effects to match everything else in there.

18. Helmetman

Lukes Roomate.

I agree with you on the MI2 point. I really didn't like that film.

John Woo has such a cheesy style that it makes me cringe. All that 'doves flying into the sunset' and 'coats blowing slowly in the wind'. Honestly, if it was anyone else - you'd say Woo films were dated 80's cheese.

But Paul Anderson is not a terrible director.

Regardless of whether you liked the concept of Aliens and Predators in the same film. Or the fact that alot of people see the combination as a sell out of the franchise, there was nothing 'technically' wrong with the film.

It was well shot, lit and edited. The props were well researched and produced and the special effects were stunning. The only thing that let it down was the plot.

If we are going to be critical of Anderson as a film maker Lukes Roomate, let's sit and criticise the last million dollar blockbuster you directed.

19. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He's a bloody awful writer.

20. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Helmetman @ Apr 23 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1231644[/snapback]</div>

I disagree, Paul Anderson is a godawful director - his direction is uninspired at best.
    His writing sucks completely.
    You don't have to be a film maker to recognise a terrible movie or director.
    Movie critics do it all the time actually.

21. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Lets see, we have an awesome franchise of AVP, totally ruined by Anderson, then he tried to lie his way out if it, blaming everybody else why his movie sucked, and said"wait for the special edition", look what happened there

The Predators should not have taken on the human aspects that were devoid of the previous Pred movies, hell, they even had normal human eyes, and almost seemed to be a romance between him and that chick... He changed much about what we knew about the Aliens and Predators, and not even for the better... The Predator space ship in P2 looked exactly like it should have, not like the pristine USS Enterprise we seen in AVP.. If they could build such technology, can't they make themselves some decent looking clothing to match???

He also took the first really scary video game "Resident Evil", and even though I enjoyed it, it had almost nothing at all to do with the game, and ruined that for all the diehard fans

He almost destroys everything he touches.......

22. Lukes Roommate

I can criticize because I'm the customer. I have the right as I dropped my hard earned money to see it.
    I don't spawn thread after thread crapping on him. But if the topic arises I can put my two cents in.

He is an awful director/writer.
    AVP proved that, as did RE 1 and 2, and I don't foresee AVP:2 being any better.
    I really can usually find something to like in a film and enjoy it. I laughed my * off at AVP, and was ready to leave by the time it became StarPred and Hutch.

If you dig Paul WS Anderson, that's fine by me.
    Having Aliens and Predators duke it out in a film should be as simple as A+B, and there is enough source material to make it easy enough to write, yet he found a way to botch it all the way through the movie, whether it was technically good or not.

23. Helmetman

Fair enough.

I disagree with you....but fair enough.

Later

24. tk4510

tk4510 New Member

25. Lukes Roommate

And that's cool with me. :)

26. Lukes Roommate

27. knightdriver2001

knightdriver2001 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

God, I hope they don't make that script into the film. That was horrible.

Why can't someone make a decent script that doesn't involve earth. Geez.

28. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Predators in Texas...... Thats exactly what I've always wanted to see......

:confused

:lol

:unsure

:eek:

:angry

29. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

Well, I was lukewarm on the AVP idea but I did watch it, and for free, I kinda like it. But dang, no, please, don't make that POS script.

We should come up with a plot premise and submit that to Fox.

30. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimbo890 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]1232231[/snapback]</div>

If it were only that easy :unsure

31. natty15d

natty15d Well-Known Member

i didnt think it was possible....but i think ive just read a script thats worse than Starship Troopers 2.....

Nathan

32. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Helmetman @ Apr 23 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]1231644[/snapback]</div>
    :confused
    WTF???
    Since when do I have have to direct any type of movie to give my opinion???
    I'm no a musician either...does that mean I can't say I don't like particular artists???

33. Lukes Roommate

What would be truly terrifying, would be to see an Alien in an old lady's dress shopping in the K-Mart, pushing a cart and reading the ingredients on soup.
    And I'm being serious.

34. Lukes Roommate