new alien vs predator game

I agree completely. Also in 3rd person we get to see the whole predator more (maybe even customize its armor and skin) and the game does not causes me (and a lot of other gamers) motion sickness o_O .

I hope there's more than one trophy kill animation for the preds.

The decapitation is cool, but withthe EXACT same soundeffects for it every time.... It could get old pretty easily.

I'm a massive fan of the AVP PC series and I cannot wait for this, looks amazing! (even if it does look like it's taking a little from the AVP movies visually)

I believe the reason that the games have been made in first person is to create the senses of claustrophobia and paranoia so apparently in the series. An attack could come from anywhere, at anytime and 3rd person allows you to see too much so this, plus it also immerses you 'in the moment' a lot more. I know it's a bit morbid but there's just something very cool about thrusting 'your' wristblades into a hapless marine and seeing his blood splat up on the visor of 'your' bio, hehe. In 3rd person it's like your guiding a character through a series of trials, not experiencing them yourself o_O

-Sekular

Still not quite interested. Concrete Jungle gave us just that, but was a poor game in general. I don't mind Turok-like actionshots, but I want to BE the predator in this game. Not tag along behind him.

yea, the 3rd person doesent really give the predator its like hunting and stalking look

Hey, I'm all for a proper third-person game, CJ was just not the right one.

Proper graphics, proper story, proper camerahandling (more Splinter Cell please) and we'd be fine.

But in AVP, it's all about being the creature. The humans, the Alien, the Predator, it doesn't matter, but you want the experience in your face, and not from a mile away.

Hey, I'm all for a proper third-person game, CJ was just not the right one.

Proper graphics, proper story, proper camerahandling (more Splinter Cell please) and we'd be fine.

But in AVP, it's all about being the creature. The humans, the Alien, the Predator, it doesn't matter, but you want the experience in your face, and not from a mile away.

exactly

it has to be and thankfully will be first person, who remembers ******** thereself on the first one as a marine, if it was third person that just wouldn;t happen.
as for clunky melee action in an fps, maybe but you get used to it, and the pred relied on steath in the first game if you intended to use your wristblades, otherwise speargun FTW

I loved playing AVP2 on the pc, multiplayer was fun as the alien, remember several times dropping down into a group of marines, off one, then leg it up a wall and watch they all firing blindly hehehe, until someone caught sight of me and spread me all over the ceiling.

Games has to be and will be 1st person.

One thing is for sure, I really want the predator to have the cloak of the Watchers in FEAR. It is the perfect rendering of the predators cloak in a 3D game, and better than AVP promises to have as a cloak (although that could be placeholder)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back