New airsoft sterling MK4 soon released

I check gun broker and a few other sites every once in a while.

Really nasty ones with hideous welds and choppy cuts can be as low as $400, the ones where someone took the time to rebuild it nice are closer to $500-$550.

I've seen working guns for $600ish, but I'd have to get a license.

I wonder when the new stand alone Star Wars movies reach the classic trilogy era if we might see Stormtroopers with these airsofts as Hero props?
They are the only commercially available Sterling replicas available (similar to the MGCs being plentiful during the production of ROTJ).

I wonder when the new stand alone Star Wars movies reach the classic trilogy era if we might see Stormtroopers with these airsofts as Hero props?
They are the only commercially available Sterling replicas available (similar to the MGCs being plentiful during the production of ROTJ).
That is very similar thinking when fans thought they would see exact replicas Luke and Ben A New Hope hilts appear in Revenge of the Sith. But instead they made scratch built idealized version. I would not be surprised if future E-11s were done the same way, well those that are not cgi to go along with the cgi Stormtroopers. I know nothing has been said as of yet but you can't totally dismiss the thought.

I paid $499.00 for my Wise-Lite Sterling. Although I've fired it a few times, I bought it mainly to have as a all metal E-11. With the inner barrel and firing pin removed it's safe to handle and display. It won't chamber a round because the inner barrel IS the chamber and the firing pin on these semiauto versions are removable, unlike the actual full auto Sterlings where the pin is machined into the face of the bolt itself. I love mine:)

Depending on quality, I might still pick one of these up, as I really want a ROTJ E-11.

Robert:)

Just wait a while. Remember when Tokyo Marui came out with their Thompson replica because of Saving Private Ryan's popularity? It was and still is an expensive airsoft gun. But now there are some cheaper knock offs, reversed engineered from the TM, that you can get for $100 that are fully compatible with the TM. Give it a year or so and we will probably see some cheaper Chinese knockoffs for a lot less. This seems to be the norm in the airsoft hobby, an expensive gun comes out, followed by cheaper versions.

For $518 I'm out. For a little more I could buy a real demilled one.

Maybe the price will drop after the initial hype.

For this price I'm out too, add shipping to that and it becomes way too expensive. Some more $ and you could get a demilled Sterling. And not to forget this is for the base gun, you still need to upgrade it to become a ROTJ E-11.

While I can appreciate the fact that it's a functional airsoft, that is WAAY too much money to then have to convert it. Once you calculate shipping to the U.S. it's well over $600.00 and then you have to buy parts to convert it. You can get a complete MR Stormtrooper blaster for less on ebay. Oh well. Unless these become more affordable, I'd rather save my money for other props/ costumes than add one to my collection.

Gotcha. I'm thinking as a really close approximation of the Sterling as for use in a Luke ANH build. If I added this to my collection it would be to make an E-11 that would go with my Luke ANH costume (the Death Star escape variant with the stormtrooper belt, gun, grapple, and comlink).

Gotcha. I'm thinking as a really close approximation of the Sterling as for use in a Luke ANH build. If I added this to my collection it would be to make an E-11 that would go with my Luke ANH costume (the Death Star escape variant with the stormtrooper belt, gun, grapple, and comlink).

This is quite different from the MK4 L2A3 Sterling to be able to make an ANH E-11. This goes better for ROTJ.

I understand that. That's why I said it would be a close approximation of the ANH E-11. The overall look is similar enough where it would suffice for my needs, but like I said, for that price, I don't need a blaster in my collection. I'd rather spend that kind of money on other props/ costumes.

They should make the original MK4 L2A3 too. But at a better price... I still hope for Denix to come in the game, not sure what it taking them so long.

I've seen it, nice. But the guy talks about MK4 L2A3 all the time, when we have a copy of the MGC instead. The only thing that remains from the original Mk4 is the front part of the barrel, everything else is MGC/C1...

Just in case anyone is interested, WGC Shop has this on sale for $320. UPS shipping to the US is $83 or so. $400 is still expensive, but $100 is $100. Also keep this in mind, unlike a resin kit or a modified Hasbro version, if you are handy with a soldering iron, you can do what is know as a HUTU (Hop-Up Tracer Unit) modification--which means that when you use, say, red tracer ammo, it will really look like you are shooting laser bolts at night. I've ordered mine. Now to find all the parts to turn it into a ROTJ EL-11...

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=ACTION-AEG-SLMK4

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back