New Airsoft PR On Evike

You guys need to check with Rylo (I think) and get some PR grenades. The shotgun shell is also just glued down to a half round piece of pipe that you can pop out of and then epoxy the PR grenade in.

It came with a battery and charger. It seems like the orange plugs are glued on. I tried to take them off with my weak brute force but nada. It may require some careful tooling to take them off.

Crap! I thought it said on the site that batteries weren't included so I paid for a battery and a charger. Bah! So much for that 18% I saved with the promo code. :lol

EDIT: I just went back to the site and it does say batteries aren't included. Bah again!

So be honest - more toy-like or more prop-like?

Here's how it looks:

2012-03-16-070.jpg

Not much in terms of packaging.

^yea, i did the same thing...emailed them and got them to cancel the charger and battery though...

Mine was already shipped when I found this out. I will look into if I can just return the charger and battery though. I didnt look to see if they had a return policy on the site. Stupid me.

Where can you find the coupons?

Right on their site you can get the discount codes. Once you start the check out process there's a box asking for the coupon code. Right next to that box is a link to click and see what active options they have. When I bought mine it was AIRSOFTUSA for the 18% off but it looks like that changes every so often,=.

Can you possibly post some brief/basic operation instructions for those of us that are unfamiliar with airsoft guns?

Thanks in advance!

Willie, if you ever fired an old Crossman bb/pellet gun, same thing except these are battery powered (like batteries used in remote control cars for example) and shoot mass amounts of white 6mm pellets very rapidly if on full auto.

You unbox it, charge the battery, connect the battery, load the magazine with the pellets, slap it in, select fire and terrorize soda cans, ceiling tiles, the neighbors trash...

Airsoft is also a popular Military-Simulation (MilSim) tool for both professional and recreational use. Very much like paintball...except they do not come in any type of paint form and therefore the sport's scoring system is based heavily on the "honor" system. They are typically powered by single shot spring action, electric, or gas powered (CO2 and 'green gas') and 99% of them are firearm replicas of their real world counterparts.

Also, I am most pleased to learn that Evike delivered on this one. I was holding back because I had heard of the possibility they may not. Internet rumors FTW. I've been looking for a starting airsoft gun, I think I may have found my answer.

Public Service Announcement

I would like to add that even though the "BB's" are only 6mm and plastic they still travel at upwards of 300-400 feet per second. They can still "put your eye out". They are not toys and should not be handled as such.

Most jurisdictions have limits on how fast an airsoft replica is allowed to fire a plastic pellet (or more precisely, the maximum energy imparted to the round). Above these limits, airsoft guns may be considered licensable air weapons in various jurisdictions, so check your local rules.

And of course, behave sensibly around replica firearms, which a pulse rifle certainly is even if we all know they're fictional. Even when they're not.

In short, though: I burn, I pine.

I get mine today! I got out of class at around 2:00, and I drove home like a mad man in anticipation of finding a box on my porch.

I've yet to see that box. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back