New Airsoft PR On Evike

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Jodo, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

2. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It doesnt look that bad for the price and already assembled

3. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Really doesn't look any different than the PR kit I bought to put on my Tokyo Mauri Thompson, with the exception of god awful orange tips. Even has the exact same shotgun round in it that I replaced with an aluminum grenade.

4. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Sorry to thread derail but are non-orangetipped airsoft allowed at any Cons? That is one fine looking pulse rifle!

5. LeoFirebrand

LeoFirebrand Active Member

yeah looks like a G&P kit already assembled to an airsoft. The triangle barrel support is solid, the cip extension is a separate piece, shot gun shell instead of grenade, solid stock shoulder support, and opening shotgun front for batteries are the same as the G&P. I also notice that the G&P kit on Evike is out of stock now and I called them about a month ago and they said they had a bunch. sounds like they are trying to liquidate some inventory.

That being said the price is lower than what the kit alone cost and I gave up on the kit because I could not find a Hi-cap mag so its sounds like quite the deal for what it is.

6. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

It depends on the con, but typicaly they're not supposed to work.

I was curious to see if this was worth the asking price for it, because most of the build appears to be plastic.

I wish they released these "non-working", because I wouldn't airsoft with it either way. :unsure

7. ReproMan

ReproMan Well-Known Member

leave the 8.4v battery out and it wont shoot but will still hae 9v battery to run counter. why does this have orange tips anyway since its not even a RIF (real Immatation Firearm) seeing as its based on a work of fiction? or does any bb firing gun need to be orange over there?

8. Robiwon

Robiwon Master Member Gone but not forgotten.

I find the LCD counter interesting. I think they meant LED. Still, with the G&P kit running at $350, if you can find it, it's a heck of a deal.

9. robstyle

robstyle Master Member

I know the guys at Evike. What many dont know is they help fund as well as R&D with a couple of the big name airsoft companies. That PR had been in the works for some time. If memory serves, and its been awhile, the PR kit is a clone made in China as is the rest of its internals but its under a different name (Matrix).

The orange tip is due to Evike being in California. The final product may or may not have a removable orange insert. The one pictured is the hand built prototype. Ill probly be down there next week. f they still have the two prototypes in store ill snap some pictures.

10. Bootlegger137

Bootlegger137 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This may be enough to get me to start a Colonial Marines get up. :thumbsup

11. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow. That's a good price!

Tempted...

Nick

12. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

You can't complain too much with a price point like that. I think it'd be a great project gun to slowly upgrade over the years.

13. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Can't beat the price, I paid 200+ for my resin kit and it's nowhere near as cool as this without a lot of work.

14. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Holy Crap! Bootlegger linked me here. That is a smoking deal!

15. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I bet it sells out during preorders.

16. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I'm thinking of preordering....But I shouldn't! :(

To the PR guys...How accurate would you say it is? Do you guys think it is absolutly worth it? Or are there better ways to go about getting a PR?

17. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

For the price, you can look past the warts. Its hard to compare measurements on this to a screen used one due to the fact that all the screen used PR's had variations (hand made). But overall its close. The rear section of the shroud (where the shoulder stock comes out from), is squared off/rectangular. All of mine, are rounded off. But I remember seeing pics of at least 1 screen used PR that had the more squared-back look. HGC, Matsuo, SpulseRifle, SD, MiM's all have subtle variations in the shrouds. This one is no different.

If I didnt already have 3 PR's I would buy it in a heart beat.

18. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

Yeah its a G&P kit already put together .......the one I bought years ago was 400.00 without an airsoft thompson.....great price

19. Nobby

Nobby Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

wow, that's an amazing deal!
    I bet I won't be able to get hold of one here in the UK! :(

20. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Was thinking the same thing last night, did a google search, all comes up US, no UK stockists, mind you, even then, we'd probably have to pay around £400 or so :lol.

lee

21. Nobby

yeah, you're not wrong :(

I feel a move to the 'States coming on.......................... :love

22. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

Well, I couldn't take it...I placed my order for one. :D

I went through the coupons, and because there was one for 19% off any order, I decided it was time to step into the PR world. :love Probably shouldn't have considering everything going on at the college, but I've always wanted one of these, so now I'll have one!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

My total was just a tad bit under $300 with the coupon code " awesome ". :thumbsup

....Now I have to sell my Hyperfirm MG-34 though....

23. Nobby

I'm so jealous of you guys in the US :(

24. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Member

Pulled the trigger and got one too. $300 (after online coupon) for a functional Pulse Rifle is a no brainer for me. Lets just hope the actual thing is close to the one in the prototype pics.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  25. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Ill have to see it in person before i buy one. Killer price for sure though.

26. yt

yt Sr Member

That's a great price. I bought one of the first kits on the market and paid twice that for the kit and TM Thompson and the kit is inferior in every way!

27. the samaritan

the samaritan New Member

UK firearms laws suck! :cry

28. Nobby

they sure do.
    Especially seeing as it is perfectly legal to go out and buy a 'de-activated' weapon.
    I mean, how much more realistic can you get?????

And yet we can't buy a plastic copy! It's madness! :darnkids

29. protokev DMD

protokev DMD Sr Member

Pulled the trigger myself, can't wait!

30. ReproMan

ReproMan Well-Known Member

nobby since the pr isnt an RIF you should be able to get it here in the uk. i skirmish a lot with airsoft and if an item isnt based on a real world gun i can get it without my UKARA. there is no way anyone could mistake a PR for a real gun

31. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I don't know, from what I understand from my other UK friends, customs is a bit sketchy on what they consider real world, and what's not. :(

32. Finnlock

Finnlock Active Member

Has anyone heard any info on this? It says 3/12 , but has anyone got conformation of shipping or anything?

33. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Member

I emailed them last week on 3/5/12 and they sent this response:

Dear Customer,

The Alien Pulse Rifle Pre-Order ETA date is for the middle to end of March. You will get an email as soon as it has been stocked and shipped. If you need further help or an update, please let us know. Thank you.

Rob | Customer Service

34. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I was just about to email them tomorrow morning...I was hoping to get it over Spring Break, but since I go back to school Monday, I guess that won't be happening. :/

35. Rikarus

Rikarus Well-Known Member

I ordered one jsut to find out!!!

36. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

37. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Checked it out in person at Evike and its a piece of garbage. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

38. quest

quest Member

^ having handled it, what was wrong with it?

Watching the video, the only thing I noticed is that it would be nice if the shotgun was spring loaded. Other than that, it looks like one of the best options under a grand for a PR.

39. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Member

Care to elaborate?

40. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Very poor construction, Horrible part fitment (creaks when you handle it) The gun is %90 plastic, cheap plastic at that. Its an overpriced toy. If your buying it as a wall hanger or a trooping gun you would be better off with a resin kit. On a scale of 1-5 for bang for the buck i give it a 2.

41. Robiwon

I have a slightly different opinion. I built the original G&P kit on a Tokyo Marui Thompson years ago. Yes, the majority of the parts are plastic. Yes, the shrouds creak. No, the GL is not spring loaded. Yes it's a shotgun shell in the ejection port. Actually, it's just a red and gold tube.

Is it a glorified toy? Yes. But the point of this product is that it is meant for being played with. It is not meant to be as accurate as an HCG PR. This kit was probably originally designed, what, 10 years ago? And it has no barrel droop (ducks and runs).

This gun is for those who can't afford, or have the skills, to put together a full blown replica. It's also for those who want something more than a wallhanger or a solid resin piece.

There have been threads here that have delt with a lot of these issues here and at the AL board.

For the price you get a fully functional airsoft PR with a working counter, already assembled. There aren't really any other options out there in this price range for what you get with this piece.

For what it is, I think it's a good piece. I have had both the G&P PR and I have built a resin/metal/airsoft PR. Both were great fun.

42. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

We'll see how this is, I just placed my order for one as well. I have had a beat to pieces all resin PR for ages and have always wanted one to sit there and look good so I think this will fit the bill.

43. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

I had a feeling it might be creaky, a lot of these kinds of things are, but you can usually find ways to deal with that, and mod these setups to be stronger, more durable, and fit better. I think it's a decent price for what it is, but I have not handled one of these particular guns. Certainly interested to see what Flagg thinks though!

44. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Was it the prototype mentioned earlier in the thread, or a production piece?

45. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Member

Just got my shipping confirmation and UPS tracking number. Should arrive tomorrow.

46. noble

noble Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Original G+P shroud handle creaked.

There is a very simple fix for that.

47. Robiwon

Some things that will make it much better looking is a repaint. It's OD plastic. Even if you don't have BB something from Krylon or similiar will make it look worlds better. Replace the shotgun cartridge with a resin grenade from Spat or find an aluminum version. Weather the GL wiith a bit of silver drybrushing. Take one side of the shroud off and lay down a line of clear silicone. Good to go...

Now if ReplicantFX would turn back up with his awesome soundboard/light combo.......

48. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Aervoe Earth Brown is a really close replacement for Bess Brown, and infinitely easier to find.

Now if you want to play the OD vs. BB game, FS595 Olive Drab (the olive drab that the US military uses), it is actually has a lot more brown, than "regular" olive drab. And depending on the lighting, can come off as either brown or green.

I recently started reconstructing my MiM Pulse Rifle (just waiting on a counter from the PR master himself, Matsuo) and I used Aervoe Olive Drab (which conforms to FS595) for the shrouds, and I was surprised by how brown it seems in certain lighting.

What this Matrix PR needs, is a coat of clear matte on the shrouds, and some decent weathering.

-Fred

49. Rikarus

Rikarus Well-Known Member

mine shipped last night, Plan on a shourd repaint, and maybe some metal upgrades....

we'll see, the ship weight on the package was 12.5lbs so it might be pretty solid.

50. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

In the Evike review, Matt says it's a full metal Thompson as a base, as is the shroud, and stock.