new ABC series 'Once Upon a Time'

jedimarkj

Sr Member
Didn't see a thread about this yet but did anyone catch ABC's new tv series "Once Upon a Time" this past Sunday?

I thought the pilot/first episode was a bit slow but I certainly enjoyed it and did keep me captivated.

What did you guys think about?

I liked it, the premise is novel enough, and the mixing of fairy tales and similar lore is interesting. We'll have to see how it goes.

Didn't watch it, don't intend to. For the last several seasons, ABC has really been living up to the interpretation of their call letters that goes as follows: Already Been Cancelled. The new version of V was the last straw for me. I refuse to watch any new SF or Fantasy shows on ABC, as they've burned me far too many times now. :angry:thumbsdown

It this that thing that looks like it's "Law & Order: Fairytale Land" from the ads?

That's called Grimm and is on this Friday on NBC.

I thought this show was great. I thought one of the older commercials said the guys from Lost were behind, maybe just writers, don't recally recall.

Can't wait for more.

I watched the premiere on Hulu the other night, very interesting premise. Wonderfully cast as well with Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle and of course, the evil Queen Lana Parrilla. The storyline was complex and a little slow, but I'm intrigued by it. Not sold on it, but interested. We shall have to see where it goes.

Yeah, there was something off about the pacing, but by the end of the episode, I was won over by the concept. That ending was enough to get me to tune in. Everything coalesced by the final image. Hopefully the execution picks up and the show finds it's stride.

I concur, just watched it yesterday (Thank the LORD for my DVR). I did enjoy the concept and I think it should be interesting to see what they do with it. I will definitely be watching the next few weeks!

I watched Grimm last night, too. And it's interesting, as well, but less than "Once Upon a Time".

Anyone catch last night's episode? I thought it was great and picked up substantially, great character development of the Queen... And how about that exchange between the Queen and Rumpelstiltskin at the end?!

I'm enjoying the show so far. I like the take on the classic characters. A co-worker asked if Disney was involved. I know most of the characters are public domain, but what about Jiminy Cricket and Malificent?

It was neat to see "Gus" from "Breaking Bad" speaking with out an accent

I am really enjoying Once Upon a Time, that evil queen is written so well! I am really looking forward to seeing how all this plays out.

Two thumbs up from me! :thumbsup :thumbsup

I really liked it.:thumbsup
Originally I was going to not support it by watching as ABC was in talks a few years ago to bring the comic book Fables to TV, then they backed out of that deal and suddenly come up with a extremely similar story ine but one in which they don't have to share any profits. Felt like they screwed over some hard working comic folks who had a very original idea.
But in the end my lack of proof gave way to curiosity - Plus it is not the first time I have pushed down my morals for the chance of some fun:rolleyes

I've stumbled upon it accidentally twice already, guess it's just fate! :lol
The first episode threw me off a bit with the time jumps, at first I thought it was supposed to be congruent story lines. It's grown on me and I think i'll keep with it! Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite so far, "Please..." hehe. He drops just enough hints to the witch without exposing himself; couldn't have picked a better actor either imho.

It's also nice to see Cameron in something other than a doctors coat. :love

The girlfriend insisted that we watch this show. I was sceptical.

Though, ive found it to be highly enjoyable. Ill keep checking it out.

I missed it this past Sunday, but didn't mind the pilot!

I know they were talking about a 'Fables' tv show for a while...I guess this was the closest they could get.

I'll have to look for this week's past episode online. I hope it picks up and doesn't go the way of V -_-. That was just so frustrating.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back