New 501st On The Way!

xmart

We just decided to start a new 501st division here in Turkey .
We have around 30 people who wants to join to the group.
Our main problem is the armor, so we decided to ite the bullet and produce our own. We have a vacuum table but we are in need of a suit to work on.
What should we do people? How to get some molds for our vacuum table and make around 30 sets of armor for the people who wants to join the group.
We want to have the costs down as much as possible, to make more people happy that wants to join in. An FX suit will do with a proper sized helmet I think, so what should we do?

We need a definate brain storm..so you guys are the best to ask..please help us..so that we can carry the joy of 501st to the other side of the world.

Originally posted by Dean O@Feb 8 2006, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a good time to learn to sculpt. :)
[snapback]1179261[/snapback]​

Yeah thats an option..but time makes it pretty hopeless..People around here (that I know) are not experienced with sculpting let alone sculpting a full trooper armor ;)

Originally posted by xmart@Feb 8 2006, 10:34 PM
We just decided to start a new 501st division here in Turkey .
We have around 30 people who wants to join to the group.
Our main problem is the armor, so we decided to ite the bullet and produce our own. We have a vacuum table but we are in need of a suit to work on.
What should we do people? How to get some molds for our vacuum table and make around 30 sets of armor for the people who wants to join the group.
We want to have the costs down as much as possible, to make more people happy that wants to join in. An FX suit will do with a proper sized helmet I think, so what should we do?

We need a definate brain storm..so you guys are the best to ask..please help us..so that we can carry the joy of 501st to the other side of the world.
[snapback]1179249[/snapback]​

Great news. Always good to hear of another Garrison for the Fighting 501st.

You are ALL going to be Stormtroopers??? :eek :confused Is there anyone in your group that has the build for a Vader? Personally, there should be at least one of you guys as Vader. That would just look weird.

VFF

Yeah luckily we do have a professional Vader :) and another guy with SDS/AA armor for now..

Should we do a recast of an existing armor? as far as we won't sell them?

Originally posted by xmart@Feb 8 2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah luckily we do have a professional Vader :) and another guy with SDS/AA armor for now..

[snapback]1179281[/snapback]​

Might want to remove that last part.

I agree with the others on making your own sculpt.

Once you start talking about recasting another person's work, this will be the AA/SDS debate all over again.

I tried to say that maybe one of the people who sculpted an armor will let us to use his own molds.

I don't want to turn this into a SDS thread :D

Originally posted by xmart@Feb 8 2006, 11:10 PM

this is just hilarious..... LOL

So what you are basically, publically, saying is

"heah guys im going to recast the @#$%. out of someone elses work, whos is the best so i can copy it & where do i get it ?"

thats the best yet on here LOL

Nathan

:lol So you're actually publically stating that you want to recast someone else's work and make 30 suits? I think that's probably the wrong approach here. :rolleyes

just because you're NOT selling it, doesn't mean you're not recasting. The fundamental truth is, if you went to that original artist and ASKED him if you could what your proposing to do, he would most definitely say no. In other words, no permission granted .

if its AFX armor you seek, there are a lot of dealers here who could help you out and keep costs low, most likely getting you a darn good group discount.

If this isn't the information you seek, then I would seriously withdraw this thread, its heading down a bad road.

uh...for all of you who are jumping onto xmart because of the 'recasting' issue, I suggest you READ a coupla posts up where he SAYS:

"I tried to say that maybe one of the people who sculpted an armor will let us to use his own molds."

While he initially didn't include the "using molds" part, the confusion can easily be chalked up to , oh I don't know, but MAYBE a language issue.? maybe?

Just trying to keep it civil as these sorta things are very easily sidetracked into derailment... :)

You should not use the word recast or alike in here.
It has been a very debateable thing here in RPF, and people does get hurt when the word recast tag along.

I believe the best thing to do is to find someone who good at sculpting, then since later on people will ask you the infamous "origin of the mold", you must produce pictures showing that you did make your own mold to cover your self that you are not recasting someone elses work.

And believe me, the expert will watch your finish armor and compare them.

Originally posted by xmart@Feb 8 2006, 11:10 PM
[snip]

I suggest machining them all out of metal. Every month offer a new part of the armor like a subscription service.

:p

That is a really cool idea

Originally posted by moffeaton@Feb 9 2006, 09:32 AM
I suggest machining them all out of metal. Every month offer a new part of the armor like a subscription service.

:p
[snapback]1179810[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back