(Netflix) The Highwaymen

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I couldn’t find a thread on this, I was wondering if anyone else saw this latest film about Bonnie and Clyde?

I had some questions that I couldn’t really find on the Internet.

I thought it was a great film, almost a documentary at times. But I found it very odd that in some scenes like when Bonnie and Clyde drove the stolen ford into town that they were flooded by people

People rushing up to the car like they were celebrities? This gang was known for mass murder and robbery? I would think people would be terrified and stay out of their way

I wouldn’t run up to Al Capone if I saw him walking in Walmart, but maybe that’s just me

I thought maybe at first it was only for the film, but at the end SPOILER WARNING, when they are towing the car into town it’s being swarmed again

Through some google searches I’ve actually found photos of this that the film has duplicated on screen! The photos almost match the same angles in the film

I was wondering if there was any Bonnie and Clyde historians on here that could help me answer this question, as to why these people weren’t terrified of this murders and wanted to shake their hands?

Did they give back to their community or something? Something like how Whitey Bluger has a bad dude, but the neighborhood loved him because he kept crime out of the neighborhood and help a lot of his elderly neighbors out?

One funny thing I’ve learned from the past 3 nights of research was Clyde also had a hard time walking.

Clyde was in prison and to avoid physical labor he had his friend take a axe and cut some of his toes off on his left foot. 6 days later his mother pulled some strings and got him out of jail! Lol

He also drove barefoot and in socks, seeing how they keep the faces of Bonnie and Clyde illusive through out the film, and they keep showing his fancy shoes on the clutch and gas pedal, I think that was a perfect opportunity to show him in socks. And would also explain why he would have Bonnie go out of the car and do the heavy lifting.. or should I say trigger pulls.

All and all I really enjoyed the film, it took me 3 nights to watch because I keep getting home super late and over exhausted. But I really enjoyed it

I thought they were like Robin Hood,...stoke from the rich & gave to the poor

J

That would make total sense! I can’t find anything on the net about it though. I’m gonna do some more digging tonight

I bet your on to something!

75877540-3B13-41FC-AF57-E8500716DEEF.jpeg
Wiki says:

I watched it and I enjoyed it. Everything in the story is very close to the truth or was actually it, particularly the story of the two Texas Ranger characters and the adoration of the cinema watching public. All of that news footage at the end was real, as were the numbers who attended the funerals of B&C. Read up on it on the Wikipedia page. The simplified Hollywood yarn of the Warren Beattie movie from back in my youth made Hamer out to be inept, which was nothing further from the truth ,this was the proper story in all its grim reality. His relatives have actually praised this version for its accuracy.

Last edited:
I watched it and I enjoyed it. Everything in the story is very close to the truth or was actually it, particularly the story of the two Texas Ranger characters and the adoration of the cinema watching public. All of that news footage at the end was real, as were the numbers who attended the funerals of B&C. Read up on it on the Wikipedia page. Nothing like Hollywood yarn of the Warren Beattie movie from back in my youth, this was grim reality.

Thanks, I’m going to do some more reading tonight. I’ve always been leery of Wikipedia but if you guys are saying it’s accurate I’m going to check it out tonight

This anti hero stuff totally makes sense now. I knew there had to be something going on

Was the opening scene true? Where they broke out their friends from jail?

Thanks, I’m going to do some more reading tonight. I’ve always been leery of Wikipedia but if you guys are saying it’s accurate I’m going to check it out tonight

This anti hero stuff totally makes sense now. I knew there had to be something going on

Was the opening scene true? Where they broke out their friends from jail?

Frank Hamer - Wikipedia

Heres Frank Hamers story: B&C is halfway down. Quite the life!!

I thought it was a great movie. I loved the story being told from the perspective of the Law Enforcement side and just enough Bonnie and Clyde to know they were the focus. I actually saw the automobile they were killed in once as a child visiting St. Augustine FL. It was fairly well preserved for a shot up car. It was so riddled with holes from the BAR’s and Thompson’s unloaded on it.

I couldn’t find a thread on this, I was wondering if anyone else saw this latest film about Bonnie and Clyde?

I had some questions that I couldn’t really find on the Internet.

I thought it was a great film, almost a documentary at times. But I found it very odd that in some scenes like when Bonnie and Clyde drove the stolen ford into town that they were flooded by people

People rushing up to the car like they were celebrities? This gang was known for mass murder and robbery? I would think people would be terrified and stay out of their way

I wouldn’t run up to Al Capone if I saw him walking in Walmart, but maybe that’s just me

I thought maybe at first it was only for the film, but at the end SPOILER WARNING, when they are towing the car into town it’s being swarmed again

Through some google searches I’ve actually found photos of this that the film has duplicated on screen! The photos almost match the same angles in the film

I was wondering if there was any Bonnie and Clyde historians on here that could help me answer this question, as to why these people weren’t terrified of this murders and wanted to shake their hands?

Did they give back to their community or something? Something like how Whitey Bluger has a bad dude, but the neighborhood loved him because he kept crime out of the neighborhood and help a lot of his elderly neighbors out?

One funny thing I’ve learned from the past 3 nights of research was Clyde also had a hard time walking.

Clyde was in prison and to avoid physical labor he had his friend take a axe and cut some of his toes off on his left foot. 6 days later his mother pulled some strings and got him out of jail! Lol

He also drove barefoot and in socks, seeing how they keep the faces of Bonnie and Clyde illusive through out the film, and they keep showing his fancy shoes on the clutch and gas pedal, I think that was a perfect opportunity to show him in socks. And would also explain why he would have Bonnie go out of the car and do the heavy lifting.. or should I say trigger pulls.

All and all I really enjoyed the film, it took me 3 nights to watch because I keep getting home super late and over exhausted. But I really enjoyed it

You may want to watch this documentary:

You may want to watch this documentary:

Oh man!! I’m gonna have to check that out tomorrow night! We have been having rain storms here, this morning was bad so I started work this afternoon

Tomorrow for sure I’m checking that out! I’m so addicted to this

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back